Job Vacancy: Job title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job description: Position Name: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Division / Function: HR/Admin
Location of the Job: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Assistant Manager, HR & Admin and Country Director
Husk is seeking a skilled Talent Acquisition Specialist to source and manage top-notch talent. In this role, you will be responsible for Continuously developing networks/partnerships to actively build a database/pipeline of applicants and close qualified candidates, determining job requirements, screening candidates, and forecasting hiring needs. You will also be required to promote our company’s brand with recruitment initiatives and events.
To ensure success in the role, you should possess extensive experience as a recruiter and the ability to attract the perfect talent for each role. Accomplished talent acquisition specialists are attuned to the hiring needs of their company and contribute to its success by hiring talented and reliable candidates, as well as ensuring these employees are managed for optimum productivity.
- Drive manpower planning and the recruiting strategy for the company, while bringing a high level of clarity surrounding hiring plans and metrics.
- Managing overall hiring process in line with company recruitment policy – applications’ evaluation, candidates’ screening, pre-interview assessments, interview questions’ compilation, and candidates’ interviewing.
- Build and track internship/trainee programs with relevant schools and stakeholders, ensuring the company (and relevant info) is represented at relevant recruitment events, career fairs, etc.
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Liaising with internal departments to determine recruitment needs.
- Determining selection criteria, hiring profiles, and job requirements for vacant positions.
- Talent sourcing through online career portals, recruitment sites, job boards, and social platforms, as well as print media, posters, and flyers, when required.
Employee Onboarding & Talent Management
- Arrange pre-employment testing, background & and references screenings. Evaluation and input of our current vendors.
- Create offer letters, maintain applicant tracking system, recruiting reports, and other staffing administration functions as needed.
- Conduct new employee onboarding, ensuring the process is engaging and that processes are followed and accurate.
Business Growth and Support
- Communicate internally with hiring managers and employees regularly to promote the referral program and internal opportunities.
- Training and Development: Evolve systematic training needs identification, prepare a training calendar and events, and schedule the same as per business requirements.
- Talent Retention: Design & and implement various short-term & and long-term plans for various levels to ensure retention of critical talent and high performers.
- Actively contribute inputs to the development of the company’s Business plan, ensuring alignment with talent acquisition outlook.
- Preparing hiring forecasts as part of the company’s strategic planning.
- Contribute towards long-term organizational strategic goals, providing inputs to talent management and retention strategies.
Required Skills & Attributes
- 3+ years of human resources, talent acquisition, and Business Development experience preferred.
- Relevant HR Certification obtained would be advantageous.
- Work experience in the power sector, FMCG, or consumer durable industry will be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of staffing principles, laws, and procedures and solid working experience in the end-to-end recruitment process.
- Demonstrated experience in various recruiting techniques and experience in online/social media recruiting.
- Able to provide high-level talent acquisition and management support to various business units.
- Ability to drive engagement with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement in people strategies and initiatives.
- Meticulous in documenting and reporting. Can create working processes and databases for building robust role pipelines.
- Experience within the off-grid (power) sector a plus.
Location and Travel
This role is based in Abuja, Nigeria
NGN 200,000 to NGN 300,000 based on experience.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Husk Power Systems and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions based on merit and business need. We hire without consideration of race, colour, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 02:12:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!