Job Vacancy: Job title: Logistics Manager
Job description: FHI360/NIGERIA
Position Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Supervisor: Deputy Crisis Response Coordinator – Operations
FHI 360 Crisis Response in Nigeria is seeking a Logistics Manager to oversee fleet management, warehousing management, and asset and property management. Based in Maiduguri, the Logistics Manager is responsible for the overall leadership in planning, executing, and coordinating the efforts of Logs team members and stakeholders to ensure smooth operations of the program both in the Borno State Office (BOSO) and in deep field locations in the Northeast. The Logistics Manager will take lead on ensuring logistical efficiency and that all aspects of logistics processes are compliant with FHI 360’s policies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop standard protocols for essential logistic processes, including warehouse, fleet, asset and property management management, and commodity dispatch.
- Identify, establish, and run facilities in emergencies, including office, residence, warehousing, and other critical infrastructure.
- Identify transportation requirements, secure transportation assets, and lead fleet allocation, including fuel, maintenance, and driver pool.
- Establish and maintain asset and inventory registry in the field, including equipment allocation & maintenance, and dispose of assets in accordance with donor regulations.
- Ensure logistic activities are properly documented and fully adhere to FHI 360 policy guidelines.
- Collaborate with Country Office and HQ support departments and CR Logistics Specialist to identify logistics process bottlenecks and develop solutions appropriate for operations.
- Identify staffing requirements and supervise logistics personnel for the response; strengthen capacity and develop training programs for national logistics staff.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge of humanitarian logistics, budgeting, and supply chain management best practices.
- Experience with relevant USAID/BHA policies and regulations. Capable negotiator, with significant and geographically varied experience establishing contracts, managing vendors, and ensuring products/services are delivered per specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and display evidence of good leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be comfortable participating both as an effective contributor and a listener in group settings which include senior staff.
- Well-organized, resourceful, effective, and efficient at coordinating multiple resources to get things done and must have proven track record of successfully working on multiple tasks at once and foresees and plan around obstacles.
- Demonstrated sensitivity in diverse, cross-cultural settings.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of complex scope that require analysis and in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause critical delays or modifications to projects or operations.
- Ability to exercise judgment that contributes to the organization’s business strategies and develops objectives that align with department’s strategic goals.
- Must be able to provide accurate, expert level advice to reach outcomes that will enable achievement of overall department and organization goals.
- Demonstrates a responsive, professional attitude that is solution oriented.
- Decisions and actions have a serious impact on the overall success of the function.
- Regularly interacts with senior management and CO based staff.
- Leads by “managing managers” or other direct/indirect reports in the functional area.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and empower individuals to achieve expectations and goals set for the functional unit.
- Provide input on country/project staff performance reviews.
- In coordination with senior management, hire/terminates project staff.
- Reports to the Deputy Response Coordinator – Operations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Business Administration with 7-9 years’ relevant humanitarian logistics and management experience in emergency context
- Masters’ degree with 5-7 years relevant humanitarian logistics and management experience in emergency context or other advanced degree preferred.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- English fluency required, fluency in a local language a plus.
- Strategic vision
- People Management
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Greater than 25% throughout NE Nigeria
FHI 360 is committed to provide a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries and anyone contracted by FHI 360. This Includes taking measures to protecting vulnerable people from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by either FHI 360 employees or associated personnel. FHI 360 abides by child safeguarding principles. FHI 360’s Safeguarding Policies apply and flow out to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and sub-recipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or amount of contract, agreement, or purchase order.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 02:24:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!