Job Vacancy: Job title: Corporate Accounting Manager (FinTech/Stablecoins/Cryptocurrency)
Job description: About the job Corporate Accounting Manager (FinTech/Stablecoins/Cryptocurrency)
Our Client is the largest and only licensed on/off-ramp platform for stablecoins in Africa. They are dedicated to offering innovative solutions in the African stablecoins space. Our client is committed to making stablecoins accessible and understandable for everyone, providing their customers with secure and user-friendly platforms for their financial transactions.
Job Location: Nigeria
Job Type: Full time l Remote
Purpose of role
This role is significant because of the nature of the work that will be performed is to ensure the company’s financial health, ensuring regulatory compliance, and supporting its growth and success through sound financial management and reporting to its internal and external stakeholders.
This exciting and challenging position involves extensive collaboration with the CFO, Snr. Finance Managers and other key stakeholders in the business to address all accounting and transfer pricing-related matters for the organisation.
In your first 30 days at our client you will: Familiarise yourself with the culture, values, and processes to align with their organisational goals and objectives. Gain proficiency in all the accounting software to effectively carry out accounting tasks. Become well-versed in their month-end close processes, understanding the process from start to finish. Determine the companies profile for transfer pricing and detect the gaps needing to be established to ensure compliance is met. Your ability to quickly adapt and learn will be crucial in preventing any lapses or errors. Engage in regular discussions with our clients finance team to gain insights into the strengths and challenges of their accounting operations. Proactively address any issues or bottlenecks, contributing to a more efficient and productive work environment.
The role responsibilities will be split between 60/40 for Corporate Accounting and Transfer Pricing. The desired candidate will be required to oversee the end to end process from financial accounting to tax reporting; and how this applies to Transfer Pricing policy preparation.
- A financial educational background such as master’s degree in Finance, Tax, Accounting or relevant field.
- 5+ years experience in a similar/relevant field of group reporting and management.
- At least 3-5 years experience in Transfer Pricing and preferably International Tax in EMEA, especially within Africa.
- 2-3 years of experience in a managerial position, managing a team.
- CA/CIMA membership and designation.
- You’re intrigued by corporate finance and how things match.
- When it pertains to accounting, you know your stuff (and what you don’t know, you’ll know where to find the solution).
- Love being a leader, assisting finance colleagues with their tasks, assisting them to grow and upskill, and being the future senior finance colleagues and beyond.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills.
- Experience in being able to prioritise and multitask.
- Ability to provide bespoke advice of the highest technical standard in a clear and concise manner at a senior level.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Well-rounded project and people management skills.
- Ability to grasp, navigate and solve complex business problems.
- Must be Performance driven.
- Must be Proactive, Eager to learn and Adherence to company principles and values.
- Postgraduate studies in International Taxation.
- Previous experience in Stablecoins
- Previous experience in FinTech.
- Duties include, but not limited to
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records and documentation.
- Conduct regular balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy and identify any discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, accounting and tax matters.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of statutory and consolidated financial statements under IFRS and other international accounting standards.
- Assist with the preparation and review of month-end procedures and posting journals for accurate reporting.
- Collaborate with the finance teams to prepare for year-end audits, ensuring all necessary documentation and records are in order.
- Performing analysis and technical accounting research (IFRS and international accounting standards).
- Ensuring appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and judgemental transactions, including analysis, relevant literature, and conclusion.
- Performing transfer pricing analyses, conduct functional analysis interviews, and manage transfer pricing benchmarking studies to determine fair market value for transactions between related entities,
- Develop and implement transfer pricing strategies that meet tax planning goals and overall business objectives,
- Provide functional support to cross-functional teams, including finance, legal, business development, and tax,
- Stay current with global transfer pricing trends and changes in global transfer pricing regulations,
- Ensure compliance with global transfer pricing regulations, including documentation requirements and reporting obligations, such as, country-by-country reporting, master files and local files,
- Provide technical transfer pricing advice and guidance to senior management to minimise the company’s tax exposure,
- Ensure group entities are implementing Group transfer pricing policies correctly.
- Assist with transfer pricing audits between the group and revenue authorities.
- Assist with any preparation of in-country transfer pricing returns and support.
- Ensure Group Tax memos reflect the actual operational workings and the disclosure in the AFS.
- Actively participate in the management of the group transfer pricing policy and strategy.
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback.
- Responsible for coaching and developing junior members of staff.
- Gathering information from different sources by using effective research tools.
- Identifying tax issues and using various tools and techniques to provide suggestions on how to solve them.
- Adapting to a changing work environment.
- Producing accurate work and deliverables to a high technical standard while coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Continuous maintenance and improvement of templates and standard operating procedures.
- Ad-hoc Tax and Finance related assistance on various projects that arise in the ordinary course of business to be dealt with effectively and promptly Assisting all business units across the Group.
- Ad hoc other duties in the finance department with accounting, reporting, preparation of annual financial statements, etc.
This position requires trust and honesty as it has access to customers financial details – therefore a credit and criminal record check will be conducted. The qualifications identified herein are an inherent job requirement; therefore, a qualification verification check will be done. By applying for this role, and supplying the necessary details, you hereby grant us permission to apply for these checks. This will be done in a confidential manner, and solely for the purposes of verification.
Job date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 08:04:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!