Job Vacancy: Job title: Assistant Manager (HSE) Job at Vitafoam Nigeria Plc
Job description: Vitafoam Nigeria PLC is Nigeria’s leading manufacturer of flexible, reconstituted and rigid foam products. It has the largest foam manufacturing and distribution network which facilitates just-in-time delivery of its products throughout Nigeria. Incorporated on 4th August, 1962 and listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1978. Vitafoam’s successful brands remain household names in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant Manager (HSE)
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Job
- The roles exists to ensure that all safety regulations of the company are strictly adhered to by all staff and contractors working within the company.
- The goal is to manage risks and compliance with regulatory rules and standards.
- OH&S – aims to ensure compliance with requirement of ISO 45001:2018 Standard
- Environment – aims to ensure compliance with requirement of ISO 14001:2015 Standard
- Develop programs and procedures at reducing occupational health risks
- Inspect facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and ensure safety regulation compliance
- Plan and conduct industrial hygiene research and ensures the functionality of all safety equipment
- Plan, conduct and coordinate fire drills in conjunction with the various departments
- Procurement, distribution and enforcement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to workforce
- Organize periodic awareness and enlightenment programmes for the entire management and staff to enhance knowledge and understanding of HSE Laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, use of safety equipment and responsibilities within area of operational responsibility
- Investigate and report accidents in the company and recommend ways of preventing future re-occurrence
- Monitor and ensure compliance to safety procedures and regulations of all company operations.
- Review and update of HSE rules and standards in line with National legislation and developments in the industry
- Development and implementation of HSE auditing/inspection systems
- First Degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Sciences
Job date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:50:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!