Are you a high-achieving student and leader intent on securing a place in a graduate program overseas?
The experience of studying abroad at some of the world’s most coveted academic institutions is an experience like no other.
Paul Ramsay wanted to support young Australian leaders in their pursuit of this opportunity, so they could realise their goals and make their own unique contribution to Australian society.
Their World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship supports young Australians to undertake graduate study at the world’s best universities (e.g. Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Harvard, Princeton, Bologna etc.) for one, two and, in select cases, three years of graduate coursework and/or research.Levels of support are fully competitive with the Rhodes, John Monash, Fulbright and other major scholarships.
- The scholarship is worth AUD$90,000.
- The scholarship covers living and tuition fees and other related expenses.
- Students applying for the scholarship will need to have secured a place in a graduate program abroad before finalising their application.
- Must be australian citizens or permanent residents who have been accepted into a Postgraduate Degree at a world leading university overseas.
- The scholarships are not awarded for undergraduate study, medical research (outside of a masters or PhD program), post-doctoral research, visiting fellowships, or any other research appointment.
- They are not ordinarily available for part-time study or for Executive Education programs.
1 Feb 2024: Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship applications open
28 March 2024: Scholarship applications close at 5pm AEDT
26 April 2024: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
14 – 16 May 2024: Interviews of shortlisted candidates at the Ramsay Centre in Sydney
End May 2024: Successful candidates notified
End June 2024: The Ramsay Centre will host a 2-day Orientation program, including an award ceremony in Sydney.
Documents Required for Application
Applicants will be asked to upload;
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency,
- Letter of offer from university of choice (up to three can be listed in preferential order),
- Research proposal if applicable,
- Academic summary (institutions and degrees obtained) including transcripts and awards,
- 2-page CV,
- Responses to selection criteria
- Contact details of three referees
Method of Application
Step 1: May-Dec 2023: You may express your interest in the Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship by emailing: email@example.com
Step 2: Sep 2023 – Jan 2024: Commence and finalise your application for overseas study with the relevant institution. In your Ramsay application, you will be able to list up to three institutions at which you’ve been offered a place.
Step 3: 1 Feb – 28 March 2024: Open an account in the application portal on or after Feb 1 and commence your application. Applications will close at 5pm (Sydney time) 28 March 2024.
For More Information,