The University of Oulu, Finland Scholarships are provided to academically talented international students. Students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA member state are liable to pay the tuition fee
The Finland scholarships are aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year international Master’s programmes. The scholarship is for one academic year and covers the full international tuition fee.
In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
The tuition fee is an academic fee and thus covers the costs of tuition. The tuition fee does not cover the living costs such as accommodation, meals, and transportation. All students are required to finance their living costs by themselves.
Candidates are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2024/2025, if they are:
- Non-EU/EEA citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland.
- Eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme at the University of Oulu for academic year 2024/2025.
- The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education.
- The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in English language. Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies during the application period, can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
Documents Required for Application
- Higher Education Degree Certificate
- Upper secondary/high school education certificate
- Temporary (Provisional) Degree Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Official Translations
Method of Application
For more Information,
Application Deadline: January 17, 2024.