Job Vacancy: Job title: Universal Banker
Job description: JOB SUMMARY
Branch Operations & Support
- Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
- Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
- Cash transactions
- Funds transfers
- Customer inquiries
- Cheque collection/Issuing of Banker’s cheque
- Processing of Local and Telegraphic transfers
- ATM Custodianship
- Vault Custodianship
- Accounts maintenance – Limits set ups, Static Data requests, Additional Account Opening
- Balance confirmation
- Customer Complaint handling
- Generate Statements of Accounts
- Maintenance of Stock of Secured Stationeries
- Issuance of Instapack Card
- Internal & external reports
- Adherence to till limit of N100k and floor limit of N2m
- Other assigned duties
- Assist BOSM to ensure all Operational, Compliance, Control procedure and guideline are properly carried out and adhered to.
- Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time
- To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
- Build up good relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Make effort to improve personal product knowledge and to acquire multi-products processing skill.
- Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
- Understand and carefully follow the Bank’s operational risk control standard underlying operating process and ensure the risks are minimized.
- Act as System admin and have access to the server room
- Ensure timeliness of managing customer’s complaint.
- Migrate customers to the remote channels through online activation, E-Statements and ATM usage
- Manage, handle and record customers complaints.
- Oversight of queue management and Banking Hall look and feel
- Oversight of marketing collateral and positioning
- Deliver communication on Product and channels to customers in an effective manner.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Refer bank products/channels to existing clients.
- Evaluate customers’ needs and provide high level, accurate, information and advice on products and channels.
- Support acquisition and growth of customer base through referrals.
Operational Risk Monitoring
- Ensures all Branch transactions comply with internal and external policy and regulations
- Outward clearing processing and control
- Custodian of the following Banking instruments: Cards, Cheque books, Tokens, Frontline registers
- Recommend Processes and service improvements, based on customers feedback and observations, to the Head Client Experience at the quarterly VOF Forum
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling, and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to: “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
Operational Risk Policy
- Ensure completion of all Leading Key Risk Indicators/ KRI’s / CST issues relating to the branch.
- Ensure understanding of the Group’s Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for branch sales and service-related risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the
. * Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Nigeria / CPBB / Frontline Sales and Service team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CBN prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation. Where relevant – Additionally, for subsidiaries or relevant non -subsidiaries]
- UNIVERSAL BANKER
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of First Degree Certificate
- NYSC certificate
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Communication skills
- MS Office: MS Word, MS Excel
- Attention to details
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal relationship skills
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website
Location: Nigeria – Middle East
Job date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 02:41:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!