Job Vacancy: Job title: Station Manager Job at United Nigeria Airlines
Job description: United Nigeria Airlines is a wholly owned Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the trade name United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Station Manager
Job Location: Plateau
Employment Type: Full time
- The Station Manager is to ensure on-time performance of all domestic, Regional and international flights, transit passenger, baggage, cargo and aircraft activities with the highest standard of service and efficiency rendered to passengers and customers of the airlines with safety, security and on-time departure being top priority.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Oversees all aspects of the station’s operations ensuring safe, punctual, efficient and smooth operations.
- Assumes direct responsibility for his Station Agents, Customer Service Agent, Security Staff,
- Ticketing and Reservation Officers, Dispatcher, Ramp Agent, Driver, and Catering Officer) Check-in Agent and Baggage Handlers etc)
- Directs all activities related to Station Operations and Coordinates all functions to ensure superior customer service, operational integrity, and positive employee relations.
- Ensures compliance with International, Federal, State and Local Aviation Regulations
- Identifies and manages station problems, investigates and provides recommendations for operational efficiency for Management
- Makes yearly plans and budgets for the station. Negotiates and manages airport-specific contracts, and quotations and follows up service compliance by the existing contracts.
- Initiates service recovery efforts in the event of operations irregularities in cooperation with Operational Dispatch.
- Verifies and approves all station-related invoices and reports any mistakes accordingly.
- Develop schedules ensuring cost compliance and allocating needed resources
- Ensures customer service representatives are fully trained and knowledgeable and provide superior customer service.
- Ensures compliance with all UNA Ground Operation Manuals, Load Manuals, Station Manuals and other documents relevant to the management of the station.
- Involves in station staff recruitment, initiatives disciplinary hearings, training, development and motivational exercises for station staff
- Provides leadership and guidance to the ground handling agents and UNA staff
- Represents UNA at all Airport related functions, and meetings and liaises with the airport authority and governmental offices.
- Ensures company brand and values compliance
- Ensures weekly meetings with the station team
- Ensures team in the station
- Complete quarterly and annual appraisal and staff assessment make recommendations and submit to the HR Dept.
- Maintain excellent relationships with Aviation Authorities-NCAA, FAAN, NAMA and NIMET and others-bankers, hotels, car hires etc submit to FAAN, NAMA, and NCAA all relevant official documents required by regulation.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- HND or B.Sc. in any discipline
- A minimum of three to four (3-4) years of experience in this role or related capacity.
- A higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work late hours and multi-task.
- Must be comfortable working under extreme pressure
- Must be smart enough to make critical decisions within a very short time limit.
Job Attribute Required Skills:
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Nig.CARs
- Knowledge of Ground Handling Operations will be advantageous, hazardous goods, IATA etc.
- Ability to develop working partnerships with all departments and other airlines at the airport
- Analytical and forward-looking
- Technical expertise – mastery of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities
Job date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 06:42:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!