Job Vacancy: Job title: Software Engineer (App Stores Backend) Job at Canonical Nigeria
Job description: Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Software Engineer (App Stores Backend)
Job Location: Lagos (Remote)
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Web Services at scale. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
- Canonical’s Store team develops and operates the backend services that power the Snap Store and Charmhub.io marketplaces. Our services are built primarily in Python, within a bit of Golang. If you have a passion for clean APIs, have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are the key to higher velocity and reliability, you’ll fit right in.
- We have some exciting challenges ahead including continuing to scale our production architecture, expand the store backend to handle additional package types, and enhance our on-prem offering for IoT and Enterprise solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate remotely with a globally distributed team.
- Write clean web service APIs to support both CLI and web frontend clients, using Python (and optionally Golang).
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions.
- Design and implement new features and enhancements from spec to production and ongoing operations at scale.
- Review code and technical designs produced by other engineers.
- Work remotely with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events.
Who You Are
- You love technology and working with a diverse set of talented people.
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable.
- You have proficiency developing public-facing APIs and web applications, preferably using Python and/or Golang.
- You know your way around relational and non-relational databases and can effectively design data models that perform well, and tune queries to access them.
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated.
- You have a broad technology base but favor backend code and infrastructure.
- You are comfortable with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform.
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree.
Job date: Fri, 26 May 2023 02:49:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!