Job Vacancy: Job title: Senior Sales Executive, Nigeria
Job description: Paystack’s mission is to accelerate digital payments on the continent of Africa. Over 60,000 of some of the most renowned businesses in Nigeria, as well as a growing number of merchants in South Africa, Ghana, Kenya etc., use Paystack’s modern payments gateway. They include the likes of MTN, Burger King, UPS, AXA Mansard Insurance, FilmHouse Cinemas, Smile Communications, Air Peace Airlines, Crocs, Under Armor, Richemont Lifestyle Group (RLG), and many others.
In just over 7 years, our growing team has introduced a steady cadence of innovation within the online payments landscape, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay directly from their bank accounts, automated chargebacks, and much more. We’ve recently been acquired by and are doubling down on the mission to help build out Africa’s payments infrastructure.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
About the Senior Sales Executive Role
As a Senior Sales Executive, you are an individual contributor tasked with executing on our go-to-market strategy in a field sales capacity. You’ll execute outbound sales campaigns across target sectors in an assigned territory with the goal of delivering on an annual quota. You’ll be accountable for building and managing a pipeline of business by running a full sales cycle across multinational enterprises, growth and early stage startups, local corporates and high growth SMEs. You’ll be required to establish relationships with Champions of Paystack within each prospect account, and serve as the directly responsible individual for sales engagements with Paystack. In summary, you will identify new business opportunities and work to close these to increase Paystack’s market share and adoption within your territory.
In terms of profile: You are an adept salesperson seeking to build a long-term career in sales. You are capable of engaging in business conversations with C-level executives, and also comfortable having high-level technical conversations with relevant stakeholders. You have an understanding of the buyer journey and can lead relatively long, multi stakeholder deals in a highly consultative manner. You understand how to communicate value to differentiate competing product offerings and enjoy working on products that require deep product knowledge, combined with technical knowledge.
We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful, financial technology tools for businesses in Africa. And as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we are looking to you to help generate and convert a healthy pipeline of some of the best businesses on the continent.
And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
This full-time role is based in Country and reporting directly to the Head of Sales.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Sales Executive, you’ll:
- Draft and execute a Territory and Pipeline reconciliation plan, which captures your strategy for executing a demand-generation campaign to identify, engage and close new business for Paystack within target sectors
- Manage the sales cycle from pipeline generation to close, for multinational enterprises, growth and early-stage startups, local corporates and SMEs, to deliver on an annual revenue quota (target)
- Receive qualified inbound opportunities and take ownership of these, qualifying and closing them
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and operational teams both within and outside Paystack
- Report pipeline and sales activity data in a CRM to provide visibility into your book of business and guidance on your forecast
- Support product development and cross functional initiatives as needed to enhance Paystack’s offering and value proposition.
What it takes to succeed at this role
- 7 – 10 years experience in Sales or Business Development in Payments or technology, with Quota responsibility, and a track record of top performance in meeting set objectives
- Able to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Ability to build a book of business within an assigned territory, and consistently deliver on quarterly and annual targets from outbound sales efforts
- Strong ability to drive sales engagements in a fast-changing environment, sustaining focused conversations to achieve a clear objective.
- Able to build trust and credibility by providing accurate information and guidance to prospects regarding Paystack’s products and solution capabilities
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills encompassing verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- have previous experience in the banking, payments, or the payment cards industry.
- Competitive salary
- MacBook Pro
- Health Insurance
- Hybrid Working
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Job date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:19:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!