Job Vacancy: Job title: Senior Finance and Admin Officers- Jigawa, Gombe, Ekiti
Job description: Overview
The Senior Finance & Admin. Officer will provide support in the implementation of financial and administrative systems in Jhpiego’s field offices.Review, make necessary recommendations and implement policies and procedures for the general operation of the organization and its related activities.
SALARY RANGE (ANNUAL BASIC): 5,975,090.00 – 7,437,454.25
- Institutional capacity building skills and experience, specifically in finance and administration, budget management, policy and procedures development, grant management and compliance
- Experience in conducting capacity assessment and internal controls system review. Based on the outcome, develop capacity building plans for implementation in short, medium and long term
- Preparing state level annual budgets and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with JHPIEGO’s financial management systems and internal controls in the field office
- Support in preparing periodic budget updates and burn rates to State Teal Leader and other staff
- Prepare periodic donor reports for assigned projects and awards
- Ensure all financial transactions are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and that transactions are correctly entered into QBs accounting system.
- Support in ensuring that all statutory deductions are remitted at the various government agencies in the state
- Support the finance manager in preparing and consolidating periodic financial reports and respond to all financial queries from headquarters in Baltimore.
- Lead document retention protocols in state offices and in line with donors and organization policies
- Ensure all procurements in the field office are in line with Jhpiego’s and donor procurement policies.
- Ensure documentation for the procurement of all goods and services are completed and available for audit trail.
- Ensure state offices administration processes run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation.
- Responsible for the accurate recording and maintenance of all Jhpiego Nigeria and donor assets located in the state office
- Provide and ensure that all logistics requirements are available for the smooth running of state office and program activities.
- Ensure that all shipments received in the state office are properly recorded in the electronic inventory register on time, and ensure that appropriate program staff and the State Team Leader is informed of the arrival of each shipment
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or professional qualification (CPA, ACCA or recognized equivalent) will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 6-7 years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC etc.) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
- Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 04:06:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!