Job Vacancy: Job title: SC Material Expeditor
Job description: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Contracting and Procurement
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Start Date: December 4, 2023
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Early Careers
Where you fit in
The Supply Chain- Materials Expediter position is a key member of the Supply Chain Operations team supporting Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCiN). As an individual contributor, you are responsible to liaise and collaborate with various levels of stakeholders to address inquiries, resolve issues on a timely manner with respect to delivery of materials required across SCiN sites.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for the efficient and timely delivery of material purchase orders to ensure availability of critical materials required across Shell Nigeria work locations. To this end, the dimensions of the role include:
- Act as Shell’s focal point in collaborating with material suppliers.
- Support the credibility of Shells’ ERP by updating data needed to assess the viability of Purchase Orders (confirm order placement and lead delivery times)
- Act as a business partner to defined functional lines, ensuring provision of timely and up to date information on their planned materials.
- Ensure KPIs with respect to supporting early and efficient delivery of materials required are met.
- Perform other roles within the scope of the process and/or departmental/SNBO initiatives as assigned and agreed with the Line Manager
- Identify and resolve non-compliance on the material delivery chain and support embedding of compliance requirements through awareness session, escalation and working with the business stakeholders.
- Provide back-up support to other team members.
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with 2 -5 years of working experience. Alongside this, we would like to see relevant experience covering below key requirements on your CV:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Sciences or Social Sciences)
- Must have completed the NYSC Program.
- Must have the ability to work with big data (Advanced excel, Power bi skills)
- Strong self-starting skills and ability to work with strict timelines.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to manage multi-stakeholders.
- Prior supply chain experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP, ERP systems will be an added advantage.
- Project management experience/certification will be an added advantage.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
DISCLAIMER: Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 05:45:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!