Job Vacancy: Job title: Project Officer Health System Strengthening – (Nigerian Nationals Only)
Job description: Job Description:
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA) activity is a USAID/Nigeria program that seeks to reduce the impact of Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) on orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). ICHSSA-4 seeks to ensure that OVCs are cared for and protected by their households, communities, local and state governments. ICHSSA has four lots and PHI is responding to Lot 4: ICHSSA 4: Adamawa, Bauchi, Taraba, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara. ICHSSA expects to attain the following results:
- Result 1: Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Result 2: Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Result 3: Local and State Governments deliver basic services and detect and respond to child rights violations
- Result 4: Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC sub-populations utilized
As a member of the ICHSSA-4 project team, the Health Systems Strengthening Officer under the direct supervision of HSS Advisor will be responsible for the coordination of HSS component of ICHSA4 project in Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara. The incumbent in this role will support the implementation of interventions with the use of USAID/WHO Health Systems framework and Pro-Health International (PHI) approach to systems strengthening to facilitate changes required to embed and institutionalize OVC Case Management and Sustainability into the health and social systems at the state, LGAs and community levels.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Serve as a resource for up-to-date technical information on how OVC program can strengthen health systems including providing technical support to department of local government health services, LACA, local government social welfare unit and other key stakeholders at the community level.
- Support State and Local Government Social Welfare unit in its efforts to harmonize partner coordination and donor alignment.
- Support the projects efforts towards the institutionalization of specific OVC interventions and integrated community case management.
- Provide technical support to Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara SACA, LGA Social Welfare Unit, Local Government Health Department in developing LGA capacity to coordinate community level OVC/HIV/AIDS interventions.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and hands on support in establishing effective systems for planning, monitoring and coordination of the OVC response at the States and LGAs level.
- Provide timely reports to CRS Nigeria and PHI ICHSSA-4 project on all activities conducted at the state and LGA levels, and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Responsible for the backstopping of ICHSSA-4 project CSO partner on the delivery of the community and health level services for the beneficiaries.
Required Languages – English and Hausa Language required.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time to the field locations .
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions: This position is based in Sokoto State but covering Kebbi and Zamfara State and requires approximately 30% travel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Excellent English language Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated experience in supporting the strategic design and implementation of OVC and HIV/AIDS programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of OVC issues, Child Protection and Adolescent challenges and policy for HIV Care for Children, and OVC Case Management, in addition to good knowledge of key actors in these fields.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully and to create linkages.
- Relevant track record of HIV/AIDS programming, understanding of the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities – None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal – Deputy Chief of Party, Specialist, Technical Advisors, Operations staff
External – ICHSSA-4 Director of Programs, ICHSSA-4 project team, local partners, project consultants, and other stakeholders, as relevant.
About Us: Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
About the Team:
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 06:46:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!