Job Vacancy: Job title: Procurement Officer Job at BURN Nigeria
Job description: BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa. We are working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves. Our team of 900 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Kano
Job Type: Full-time
About the Role
- We are looking for a procurement officer located in Kano, Nigeria who will oversee the efficient procurement processes and supply chain management.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for placing orders with both local and international suppliers, ensuring timely deliveries through diligent follow-ups from order placement to receipt.
- The role involves meticulous documentation, including filing all procurement documents, updating cash needs for planning, and managing supplier payments based on negotiated terms.
- Furthermore, the Procurement Officer will undertake vendor appraisal and performance analysis, and maintain an updated Preferred Supplier List.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Place orders with various local and international suppliers and ensure proper follow-ups from the time the order is placed to receipt to ensure timely delivery.
- Prepare and conduct Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and review quotations, Bid Analysis
- Undertake negotiations with suppliers for value for money.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage planning for planned inbound deliveries.
- Ensure good communication, procedures and relationships are maintained with suppliers.
- Ensure coordination with engineering and warehouse teams for specifications and procurement/replenishment of spares, consumables, and parts.
- Undertake online purchases in conjunction with the finance department.
- Ensure filing of all procurement documents
- Undertake research and due diligence on potential vendors.
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
- Monitor stock levels and place orders for replenishment as needed.
- Process end-user requests to Procurement Requests and Purchase Orders and follow up for approvals.
- Update weekly cash needs for cash planning. Plan for supplier payments based on negotiated terms.
Job date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 08:01:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!