Job Vacancy: Job title: Operations Officer
Job description: Contract duration: to 31 December 2024, with a possibility of extension
Hours: Full time (100%)
Remuneration range: 620,000-700,000 Naira
Deadline for applications: 1 February
Reporting to: Consortium Manager/Senior Finance and Compliance Officer
TWB/CLEAR Global is committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
We offer in addition to salary:
- an innovative work environment within a diverse and passionate team
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 Nigeria public holidays
The Operations Officer is a key support position for the Third Party Monitoring (TPM) of the Humanitarian and Resilience Program (HARP) project.
CLEAR Global (CG), in consortium with Fact Foundation (FACT) and IMPACT Initiatives (IMPACT) will be supporting FCDO, HARP IPs, and the affected populations of Northeast Nigeria by conducting a range of TPM activities that would ensure that the humanitarian programming within the HARP portfolio is carried out effectively, compliantly, and attuned towards the needs of affected populations, while promoting continuous learning through innovative best practices for the HARP program, as well as the wider humanitarian response.
The Operations Officer supports the day to day financial operations of the Consortium office, including supporting with financial reports review and supporting Consortium members daily life in Abuja as well as managing project assets and rentals. The Operations Officer provides a supportive contribution to operations by assisting in the implementation of financial and administrative processes, handling of relevant data and providing information when required.
- Monitor the Consortium office budget and expenditures and contribute to budget planning and revision.
- Verifies Consortium partners’ financial reports and supporting documentation, making sure that expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the approved budget and comply with donor’s regulations.
- In collaboration with the Senior Finance and Compliance Officer, communicate findings to partners and ensure timely follow-up to provide solutions and document the findings. Reviews must be based on partner risk and sampling or review of full documentation, as required.
- Work under the supervision of the Senior Finance and Compliance Officer to ensure the financial monitoring and spot check visits to sub-awardee offices is conducted according to CG requirements and standards.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Finance and Compliance Officer, ensure that a sound, accurate and organized archiving system is in place, both hard and soft (electronic) copies for all financial reports and their supporting documents.
- Support the Senior Finance and Compliance Officer to coordinate internal and external audits to ensure proper compliance with all regulations and to ensure that all sub-awardee files in hard and soft copies are always 100% ready for audit.
- Track monthly Consortium office petty cash expenditure and prepare petty cash reconciliation statements for sign off by the Consortium Manager.
- Prepare and manage in a timely manner, payment orders for invoices to be paid by the office.
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement of equipment and supplies for the Consortium office in coordination with the Nigeria Country procurement team, ensuring strict adherence to CG procurement guidelines.
- Oversee all logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries of consortium staff and short-term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service. Responsible for all travel arrangements of consortium staff, flight bookings, purchasing of tickets; making hotel/accommodation reservations and clearing the payments and keeping relevant records.
- Support in identification and recruitment of Abuja vendors/suppliers for the consortium office based on CG procurement rules and regulations with support from the Nigeria Country Procurement Team.
- Responsible for the management of the rental of the Abuja consortium office. Provide support to the team by overseeing the management and maintenance of the office assets, utilities, office equipment, consumables and supplies.
- Responsible for recording and updating of office assets in the asset register;
- Keep track of all admin documents including registration all internal & external correspondence and records updated
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of all IT equipment and computers in the office.
- Provide monthly topline operations reports on state of activities as it relates to the admin, procurement and logistics of the consortium office to the Consortium Manager.
Any other duties relevant to the job description as needed
The right candidate is detail oriented and has knowledge of the rules and regulations of institutional donors.
- Experience in consortium structure and needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present to groups of all sizes.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance, or any related field.
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience in a related role.
- Previous experience within the INGO sector with experience working with institutional donor funded projects.
- Proficiency in Google workspace software suite – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Gmail. Experience working with databases and/or other tracking systems
- Capacity to work remotely, prioritize, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, thorough, accurate, able to meet deadlines under time pressure, and able to work quickly and steadily in a focused manner
- Demonstrates initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and enthusiasm for learning
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to mediate, negotiate, and resolve conflicts constructively
- Able to innovate to find creative solutions; willing to explore new technologies
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 80,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 00:22:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!