Job Vacancy: Job title: Operation Manager (Supermarket) Job at Penafort Energy Limited
Job description: Penafort Energy Limited is an indigenous Nigeria company with operations in the downstream oil and gas sector, food and beverage sector and the Retailing (FMCG) industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operation Manager (Supermarket)
Job Location: Iba – Ojo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Overview of Role
- To plan and drive the retail operations so as to ensure maximum sales, maximum profitability, optimum stocking, increase in customer satisfaction and continued business growth.
- To maintain the desired visual merchandising, retail operations, customer service, replenishment, recovery standards in his/ her area in the store in all aspects. To sponsor and coach the team and drive continuous improvements.
Sales and Commercial Performance:
- Prepare and participate in the preparation of sales budgets
- Maximize sales and profitability of the brand
- Ensure effective Stock and Space Management
- Conduct SWOT review to analyze the customer profile
- Provide monthly feedback on competitor and event activities
- Maximize productivity targets (sales per sqft, Conversion etc)
- Control costs within budgetary guidelines
- Identify internal and external commercial opportunities
- Suggest improvements based on benchmark practices.
Inventory Management & Stock Distribution:
- Ensure effective Inventory and Warehouse management in the territory (order management, stock consolidation, movement and transfer, optimum stock utilization, stock return and shrinkage)
- Review and analyze stock and sales reports monitoring over and under stocks, implementing corrective action to be taken
- Review and effectively deal with fast/ slow lines, new ranges and end of ranges and implement necessary action
- Provision of monthly feedback to Concept on sales, stock positions and product feedback
Business Management & Development:
- Strategize and seek opportunity for expansion in the territory
- Manage roll-out of new projects and time bound implementation of projects
- Research and look for good property and locations
- Understand Territory dynamics (demographics, consumer behavior, market understanding etc)
Operational Standards and Management:
- Prepare Territory operating plan (seasonal and store) and ensure effective implementation
- Ensure the storeisin compliance with the store operating and customer service standards
- Ensure the stores is in compliance with the company policy on employment and state laws, health and safety standards
- Ensure the storeportrays the company image in all aspects of personal presentation and adheres to the company dress code as laid out by the Company
- Ensure the store sales, promotions are planned effectively, executed and promptly and maintained professionally.
- Manage and support in team recruitment
- Conduct staff welfare activities (housing and transport)
- Set KRA’s for direct reports and conduct performance appraisal
- Ensure that all new recruits understand their job and inducted well within the company
- Monitor and appraise the performance of retail staffs in coordination with area retail managers and developing individual career plans.
- Oversee staff deployment and drive motivation levels of the direct reportees.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a managerial role.
- A minimum of 8 years experience working as a Operations Manager
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities.
- Customer service-oriented with in-depth knowledge of basic business management processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Remuneration will reflect experience levels and will depend on interview performance and past career history.
Location: Ojo, Lagos State
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 03:46:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!