Job Vacancy: Job title: NXT Grid Limited Current Job Opportunity – Apply Now
Job description: NXT Grid, founded in 2019 and headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, is leading the charge for energy access for all through solar mini-grid installation. Our vision is to help facilitate the speedy deployment of solar mini-grids in Nigeria. At our core, we believe that access to energy is a fundamental right, and we are committed to providing accessible, sustainable, and equitable energy. We work closely with local partners and stakeholders to provide our unique solar mini-grid solutions to communities. Our team consists of experts in the field of renewable energy, with years of experience in engineering, project management, and community development. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a Procurement Manager for Nigeria for NXT Grid, a one-stop shop for solar mini-grids, that makes it simple and easy for developers to build and operate solar mini-grids. If you are detail oriented, painstakingly granular and a perfectionist, then keep on reading!
- The Procurement Manager role is a full-time job with flexible hours and your location will be focused to where our office and storage locations are within Lagos.
- At times you will be asked to handle smaller tasks such as getting sim cards and at other times you may have to ensure nothing is missing on that truck that has just been loaded to build the next solar mini-grid.
- You will be the person our engineers will thank wholeheartedly when their tools show up at the right place and right time.
- We are a company focused on growth, and your contribution will be key in keeping order and tracking everything in the storage locations, solar mini-grid sites and office(s).
- At times you will travel to solar mini-grid sites in rural Nigeria as well.
- As the title suggests, this is a position very much focused on managing all procurement relating to operations with a primary focus on tracking movements of materials.
- Being the Procurement Manager of NXT Grid Nigeria will require a lot of double checks, attention to detail and following up on staff to ensure all is done according to process.
- You are both a people and a process-oriented person and you are enthusiastic at the idea of being useful to others by preempting their needs.
- We are a young company, so expect to be stretched. You will be a critical part of the team, ensuring that everyone is always able to perform at their best, thanks to the careful, constant work you put in ensuring that all of the team and projects have everything they need to run smoothly.
You will be responsible for:
- Tracking all stock movements in the company i.e. office, storage locations, solar mini-grids
- Other day to day procurement activities may include documents delivery, sim card setups, office utilities management, managing suppliers, insurance processing
- Additional responsibilities as they appear, given our growing and evolving company
Technical Skills (Required):
- Google Workplace suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive etc).
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Proactive: you must be able to notice issues, and naturally want to fix things in a structured/orderly manner
- Engineering or similar background preferred
You should join us if:
- You want to be part of a small, growing team where your work will have a direct impact on the direction and success of the company
- You want to grow your critical thinking skills. As one of the first employees, you will have the opportunity to develop the procurement and stock management processes
- You have a drive for impact and care about working on clean energy deployment and rural electrification
- You enjoy working closely with a small, tight-knit team in an informal environment
- You want to join a team that believes all of the above is possible, and that you can have fun every step of the way.
- Thanks to your work, NXT Grid will have a smooth stock management system, a well functioning team and very grateful employees.
- This means that, while NXT Grid will enjoy smoother operations, local mini-grid developers will experience faster solar mini-grid deployment.
- In other words, your work will be essential to making operations leaner and faster.
- As with many young companies, a lot of the development processes are not yet in place. While this makes the challenge all the more exciting and gives a higher degree of freedom, it also means that you are expected to be independent, resourceful, and able to solve problems; if something is broken, fix it!
- This role is open to all ages, genders, and backgrounds.
- Paid leave
- Travel allowance, data allowance
- Type of contract: Employee
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Apply by uploading your cover letter and CV in the application form. We review cover letters first, and only then decide whether to proceed further with reviewing CVs and conduct interviews. Your cover letter is the opportunity to make us curious in knowing more about you, make the best use of it.
- NXT Grid is an equal-opportunities employer and we do value and encourage applications from women, LGBTIQ+ community members, minorities.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam
Job date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 04:09:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!