Job Vacancy: Job title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job description: Overview
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for various BMGF funded RMNCH projects aimed at reducing maternal and newborn deaths in Nigeria. Jhpiego will be providing technical assistance to implementation states with funding from BMGF through TA Connect to implement a technical assistance project for layering high impact interventions.
on G-ANC/PNC platform for improved maternal and newborn outcomes in Bauchi and Nasarawa. The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths in Nigeria. The two-year project will commence in December 2023 and will be implemented in Bauchi and Nasarawa states of Nigeria.
- In coordination with MERL adviser and state stakeholders support baseline and end-line assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations.
- Supervise and mentor state MERL officers.
- Coordinate and standardize M&E activities in implementing states.
- Contribute to results reporting to TA Connect and ARC by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, consistent with Nigeria national health guidelines, protocols, information, and reporting systems.
- Support the MERL team to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Conduct targeted evaluations, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Assist with coordination of operations research and quality analysis of operations research data.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other malaria care and treatment projects and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Ensure that resources for implementation of M&E activities are available.
- Support project and financial staff to prepare work plans and project budgets and track progress of project activities and budgets.
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, implementing partners and facility staff.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Public Health, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in health-related projects.
- Proficiency in data management software (e.g., Excel, SPSS, or other statistical packages).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with RMNCH programs and health systems in Nasarawa and Bauchi states is an advantage.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel nationally.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
Location: Azare, Bauchi State
Job date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 07:02:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!