Job Vacancy: Job title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director, Integrated Health Service Delivery Activity Nigeria
Job description: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director, Integrated Health Service Delivery Activity Nigeria
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
This Proposal Opportunity:
Palladium is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Director Integrated Service Delivery for an anticipated USAID funded program in Nigeria, titled Integrated Health Service Delivery Activity. The purpose of the activity is to strengthen service delivery and integrated primary health care at primary and secondary health facilities in the country through healthcare service and health data quality improvement at health facilities improving access to care at community levels as a continuum of integrated primary health care.
This activity will provide relevant training for health care workers and is expected to build awareness and equip current and future facility-based and public health practitioners with the necessary multi-sectoral skills and capacities to address old and emerging infectious diseases, maternal, newborn and child health diseases. This activity will also strengthen the interoperability between paper-based and electronic health information management systems and improve surveillance and public health functions of primary and secondary health care facilities.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director is a full-time position and will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets/projections, indicators, outcomes, and impact. They will be responsible for ensuring valid and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis, and communicating program results to USAID and external stakeholders. They will link M&E data to a process of learning and iterative adaptation.
*This is a proposal position and is contingent upon an award from USAID. *
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Technical Leads as part of the senior leadership team to determine and support the project’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the development and monitoring of annual MEL workplans, and review and update the project’s MEL plan on an on-going basis.
- Develop and implement a framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning and development effectiveness to measure and report project success, including articulation of Theories of Change (ToC).
- Work closely with the technical leads of project components to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework and ensure that the MEL system adheres to USAID guidelines and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting.
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems.
- Institute routine data reviews as part of an adaptive management process including analysing, interpreting, and presenting data to project management and technical leads
- Responsible for developing and designing project systems to track program progress against indicators, collecting and verifying information and maintaining performance monitoring plans, reports, work plans and monthly reports.
Key Competencies Required:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in developing and implementing MEL and Continued Learning and Adaptive Management preferably for a USAID or similar donor funded programs.
- Master’s degree or higher in M&E, Statistics, Economics, Public Health or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and utilizing monitoring tools related to program and project monitoring.
- Proficiency in using large national health-related and service delivery databases.
- Proficiency in using data collection, cleaning and analysis software.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing MEL systems that track project performance and results and
- USAID’s standard foreign assistance indicators.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, organizing, and analyzing large amounts of data as well as the ability to design manageable, transparent M&E systems that report progress against indicators throughout the life
- Prior experience developing, implementing, and managing performance monitoring plans (PMPs).
- Excellent organizational and management skills to manage MEL teams and activities
- Demonstrated experience with complex donor-funded development projects
- Strong understanding of USAID regulations and M&E reporting requirements, preferably in the [the proposal and envisioned project/activity] sector.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodation to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Job date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 23:42:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!