Job Vacancy: Job title: MEAL Officer
Job description: Position: MEAL Officer
No. of positions: 4
Reports To: MEAL Manager
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno (including frequent field visits)
Contract Term: 1-year fixed term with possibility of extension
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 5:15pm, Friday 8:30am – 1:30pm
Gross Salary: NGN 588,790.78 monthly
Street Child is looking for a dedicated MEAL Officer for our programme across the BAY States (Borno Adamawa and Yoba) of Nigeria. Our planned programme will include emergency education interventions in collaboration with the Education in Emergencies Working Group, such as building temporary learning centers, training education facilitators in delivery of the curriculum and trauma counselling, and providing teaching and learning materials.
Street Child is also integrating activities relating to child protection to provide care and safety to children with protection concerns and support their caregivers with income generating activities.
Under the guidance of MEAL Team Lead, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning for all projects ensuring quality evidence on the results and outcomes of assistance is provided for reporting and decision making. The MEAL officer will be responsible designing and implementing MEAL activities and ensure project beneficiary databases and indicators tracking tables are up to date. The role will also ensure program data and other protection data is accurately and ethically collected, stored, analyzed & shared in strict adherence to SC’s data protection policy. The MEAL officer will work in close collaboration with the MEAL Manager, Project Managers, Country program team and civil society organizations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure full compliance with SCN Minimum Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Standards in all projects implemented.
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for all organization’s partnerships and projects, as well as for funding proposals
- Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions
- Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements
- Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes
- Generate indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way
- Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submitting to ensure superior quality and professionalism
- Coordinate responses to requests for information
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products
- Ensure a unified approach to partner self-assessment and programmatic close-out reporting
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organization
Requirement, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, Information Technology, or Computer Science is preferred
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- Experience in data analysis and data visualization with SPSS/Stata/SAS/MaxQDA and tableau/PowerBI.
- Experience in software development (preferably full stack) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Ability to manage critical relationships with diplomacy and tact and engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational. and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Computer proficiency
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences;
- Ability to design and implement efficient work flows and procedures.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 23:16:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!