Job Vacancy: Job title: Fraud Prevention Lead
Job description: About Moniepoint
Everyone has a dream, and achieving that is key to their happiness. Moniepoint Inc is on a mission to provide financial happiness for people of the world by powering the dreams of businesses, their employees and customers. Since 2015, we have grown to 1500 employees and process over $100 billion annually for 1.8 million merchants through our all-in-one digital financial services platform. Moniepoint Inc through its subsidiaries which include Moniepoint MFB and TeamApt ltd offers payments, banking, credit and business management tools. We currently process the majority of the POS transactions in Nigeria and are Africa’s second-fastest-growing fintech.
About the Fraud Prevention Lead Role
The Lead, Fraud Prevention will lead a team of fraud analysts to proactively analyze opportunities that may lead to fraud on all electronic products across the enterprise. The successful candidate will analyze fraud trends, make recommendations for fraud prevention, and act to mitigate losses. The fraud prevention team will work collaboratively with the fraud detection team and clients to design and implement fraud detection solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
As a Fraud Prevention Lead, you would:
The Lead, Fraud Prevention will manage the team to:
- Design and implement customer onboarding systems, verification systems, and fraud detection systems controls.
- Monitor the onboarding, verification, and fraud detection system controls to identify gaps or failures.
- Ensure that customer onboarding and verification systems are updated to accommodate changes in customer requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that security of onboarding, verification and fraud detection systems are maintained at optimal levels at all times.
- Ensure customer verification and re-verification is done at prescribed intervals.
- Ensure that the controls in onboarding channels are adequately synced for similar outcomes.
- Work with the information security team and IT control to ensure access to customer databases and information is restricted to mitigate phishing attacks.
- Ensure that internal fraud watchlists are updated and referenced during every customer onboarding.
- Liaise with NIBSS to ensure the industry BVN watchlist is referenced during every customer onboarding, and regularly get the updated BVN watchlist.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as computer science, IT, information security, business, economics, or law). An advanced degree and relevant certifications (CISSP, CRISC, CAMS, CFE, Prince2, PMP) is preferred.
- 8-10 years experience in IT risk, product security, project management, information and systems security, regulatory compliance in the Banking, Finance, or FinTech industries. A combination of any two or more experience(s) is a strong advantage. Experience in managing similar teams is an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of product security and controls, information security, E-business regulations, project management.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and good appreciation of system audits
- Knowledge of banking or FinTech industry regulations or standards may be necessary.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical panel interview with Department Leads
- A behavioral and technical interview with a member of the Executive team
- All interviews stages are Virtual
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 03:11:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!