Job Vacancy: Job title: Community Associate @CEP
Job description: Company Description
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
About the Creative Economy Practice
The Creative Economy Practice aims to enhance Job and Wealth Creation, and opportunities for Creative Expression for Africans (particularly women and young people), through innovation and the application of technology in the African Creative Economy.
The practice focuses on four main areas: * Research: Landscape, stakeholder, trends analyses and mappings to support evidence-based decision-making and advocacy for the Creative Economy in Africa.
- Community and Ecosystem Development: Connecting creative and technology ecosystems and pan-African networks through the provision of workspace, face-to-face and online meetups and events.
- Investment Readiness: Training, bootcamps, incubators, accelerators, tailored advisory and other support to boost the capability and attract investment.
- Investments: Through our Syndicate Fund (equity, $50k – $250k) and management of partner funds – grants, debt, equity, hybrid and through investor education and advocacy.
The practice is an affiliate company of Co-creation Hub, https://cchub.africa, launched in 2010 to accelerate the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity in Africa. Co-creation Hub, in addition to the Creative Economy Practice, includes CcHUB in Lagos, Nigeria & Windhoek, Namibia, Design Lab in Kigali, Rwanda – https://cchubnigeria.com/designlab/ and iHUB https://ihub.co.ke/ in Nairobi, Kenya.
Support engagement with community(ies) of Creative Economy stakeholders including creatives / creators, sector support organisations like hubs, associations and collectives, service providers and freelancers, employers, and business owners etc.
Support the management of the daily operations of the Creative Economy community ecosystem. Build models, metrics of success and growth strategies, ensuring long-term success and growth of the community.
Foster a sense of community by building relationships with the community across a range of stakeholder types.
Stimulate engagement by interacting with followers and the Creative Economy audience.
Support the development of content strategy across all social media channels.
Understand the online user experience and consumer journey and suggest improvements to how to better engage with our audience directly.
Liaise with the Communications Unit to monitor analytical reporting in line with KPIs.
Analyse the effectiveness of our engagement and social media campaigns to shape the next wave of activity.
Measure the interaction level with the community;
Monitor and engage with the community; answering questions, comments, and customer queries in a timely manner
Monitor the success of campaigns and analyse community and social media data
Prepare detailed monthly reports on community activity.
The Ideal candidate will possess a keen understanding of:
- How to create and sustain active communities virtually and in-person.
- Graphic design and photo/video editing skills.
- Ample project management skills, and is not afraid to create/take ownership of a new project and help it grow.
- How the creative economy works and how the communities in the sector operate.
- Tools and strategies that enhance community engagement both online and offline.
- A deep understanding of community engagement tools, social media analytics, and can utilise data and analytics to drive decision-making and advise on content and editorial decisions.
To excel in this role, you would need:
- Project management and organisational skills to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge of both inbound and outbound marketing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills) to engage with technical and non-technical peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communication, English, Journalism, or a related field.
- 1 -2 years work experience in a marketing or community management role
- Social media marketing/content and campaign management experience to deliver against clear metrics for engagement.
- Deep understanding of community networks; design, functionality, and strategy.
- Wide knowledge of digital marketing methods – including content marketing, social media, and online advertising.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 04:51:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!