Job Vacancy: Job title: Automotive Services Manager (Closing Date: 25 January 2024)
Job description: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable applicants for the positions below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Position: Automotive Services Manager
Contract: 3-year renewable contract Location: Ibadan
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the Automotive unit of IITA-FMS.
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts used in modern passenger and light utility vehicles, e.g. Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi and others totaling about 300 vehicles.
- Ensure the workshop is equipped with proper maintenance tools and upgrade where necessary.
- Must be well versed in the use of diagnostics tools and modules used to identify faults quickly in order to keep down time to a minimum.
- Review existing workshop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and update as necessary.
- Certify road worthiness checklist of all vehicles before they leave workshop after repair.
- Oversee workshop staff/supervisors’ activities to make sure correct repair procedures are followed.
- Periodically review and update inventory stock of essential spare parts needed.
- Prepare and review service history of all IITA vehicles and make sure the preventive maintenance schedules is followed on all vehicles.
- Prepare and update the Master List and particulars of all IITA vehicles used in Nigeria.
- Exercise proper budget control in the operation of the automotive unit to make sure expenditure and income are balanced.
- Review and advise renewal of driving licenses held by official drivers and private users at the Headquarters.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
BSc/HND in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment. Possession of relevant higher qualifications will be an added advantage. Also, membership of the Council of Registered Engineering (COREN) is required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent managerial and supervisory skills to handle the entire auto service Staff.
- Have good time management and communication skills.
- Be familiar with source of genuine parts and be able to identify them.
- Be familiar with correct diagnostics repair procedure for different model/makes of vehicles.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State
Job date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 23:30:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!