The Hanken School of Economics is offering two scholarships to students from developing countries to join the Hanken two-year Master’s Degree program in the academic year 2023-2024 in Finland. Eligible candidates are degree students enrolled at GBSN members schools from developing countries as of 3 January 2023, and alumni with a university degree from a school located in the countries listed below as of 13 January 2023.
The Hanken School of Economics is a leading, internationally accredited university with over a hundred years of experience in education and research in economics and business administration.
A Master’s degree from Hanken provides you the opportunity to specialize in your field of interest, be it Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Marketing, Humanitarian Logistics, or even IP Law.
The Hanken Master’s Program in a nutshell:
- The MSc in Economics and Business Administration is a two-year leadership and business program
- Master’s programs are taught entirely in English. In addition, you can choose a track to specialize in a certain field. We strongly encourage you to go abroad on an exchange.
When you have completed a Master’s Degree at Hanken, you will have a higher education degree in which you have gained a thorough knowledge of your major subject or programme from an academic point of view as well as relevant for your future career.
The Hanken School of Economics will extend up to two premium scholarships to its 2-year Master’s Program to students applying from GBSN Member Schools located in developing countries. The premium scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee for two years (equivalent to 15000 EUR/year)
- 8,000 EUR per year for living expenses
To be considered as a GBSN Scholar for the Premium Scholarship, candidates must be a student or alum of a GBSN member school by January 3, 2024.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the relevant field (At least 30 ECTS in subjects relevant for the programme specialisation/track
- Language requirement: TOEFL ≥ 92 or IELTS ≥ 6.5 or PTE Academic ≥ 62 or CPE ≥ C)
- Admission test requirement: GMAT: at least 550 or GRE: Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning; at least 150, Analytical Writing; at least 3,5
- Letter of motivation
The application enclosures are assessed by the coordinator for the MSc programme in questions based on the following criteria:
- Academic success and academic skills (100%) based on the scope, content and success in previous studies which are relevant for the intended programme. The CV is considered in the assessment.
Hence, applicants are not ranked based on the GPA in the degree based on which they are applied but based on the scope, content and success in all studies (degree studies, other studies etc.) which are relevant for the intended programme.
The academic assessment is completed using a scale of 1.00-5.00 and the applicants within each programme are ranked for admission based on the total score.
Method of Application
For More Information,
Application Deadline: January 17, 2024.