Travis Scott pulls out of Day N Vegas festival after Astroworld deaths

Advertisement


Travis Scott cancels Vegas festival after Astroworld tragedy

Travis Scott has decided not to perform at a Las Vegas festival after people died at his Astroworld festival on Friday (Picture: Getty)

Travis Scott has officially canceled his upcoming appearance at Day N Vegas festival following the deadly crowd crush at his Astroworld event.

The 30-year-old rapper will no longer be performing his headline slot at the live music event set to take place at Las Vegas festival grounds this weekend.

Sources stated the Sicko Mode rapper is ‘too distraught to play’ after at least eight people died at the Houston, Texas music festival hosted by Scott over the weekend.

A stampede led to audience members being caught up in a crush on Friday while Scott performed on stage at the NRG Park and rapper Drake, 34, briefly appeared as a special guest during the set.

--Advertisement--


Among those killed was a 14-year-old child, named as John Hilgert, while Danish Baig, 27, died while trying to save his fiancee. 

Family members of the victims have begun to publicly pay tribute to their loved ones who died while Scott performed his set at NRG Park.

Travis Scott performs during 2021 Astroworld Festival

Around 300 people were injured while the rapper performed on stage in Texas last week (Picture: Erika Goldring/WireImage)

Meanwhile, it’s been reported Scott and guest performer Drake are being sued for $1,000,000 (£741,000) over the ‘preventable’ stampede.

One concert-goer, Kristian Paredes, has reportedly filed a lawsuit naming Scott, Drake – real name Aubrey Graham – and concert promoter Live Nation as well as others for negligence and alleging that the rappers helped to incite the crowd. 

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Around 300 were treated for injuries at the festival after the crowd began to compress towards the stage when the TKN rapper was performing, emergency officials said.

The incident began around 9.15pm on Friday, according to Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña, who told reporters: ‘The crowd began to compress toward the front of the stage, and people began to panic.’

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Scott had been seen asking for help for fans who had passed out in video footage from the night.

The rapper, who is expecting his second child with Kylie Jenner, shared a statement of his sorrow on Saturday, writing: ‘I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.

‘Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life. I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need.

‘Thank you to Houston PD, fire department and NRG Park for their immediate response and support. Love you all.’

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Travis Scott to refund Astroworld festival attendees after fatal crowd crush


MORE : Travis Scott ‘warned about Astroworld crowd by Houston police chief’ before deadly surge



Share your story or advertise with us: Whatsapp: +2347068606071, 2348053062268, Email: info@newspotng.com


--Recommended Articles--