The RIF Scholarship is packaged each year by the Department of Mathematics. This is a one-year, non-renewable package available to up to three incoming Harvey Mudd students with exceptional mathematical ability. Each year, the package amounts vary, with a minimum scholarship amount of $1,000. The scholarship is not based on financial need, and you do not have to be a math major to be considered. International students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be international students and non-citizens living in the United States and attending Harvey Mudd College.
- Applicants must have attained a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
- Applicants must demonstrate superior academic performance.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English. Any of the following methods can demonstrate 1,2 English proficiency:
- Duolingo English Test (DET)– only the 160-point version; the minimum score is 120
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)– the iBT Home Edition or iBT Paper Edition; minimum score is 100
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic– minimum score is 7.5
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency– minimum score is 190 for C1 Advanced or 200 for C2 Proficiency
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate or Graduate
Value of Award: $1,000
Number of Awards: 3
Method of Application: The applicants must apply for admission online via the Common Application Portal or the Coalition Application Portal. Every first-year applicant will automatically be considered at HMC.
Application Deadline: 5th January 2023