Talented Nigerian actor, Babatunde Omidina, popular known as Baba Suwe, died on Monday after battling illness for a long time.
The development was disclosed on Monday by the son of the actor, Adesola Morenikeji Omidina, in a post on his official Instagram page.
Actors and prominent individual across the country have taken to their social media account to mourn the funny actor.
Here are some important things to know about the comic actor:
1. Babatunde Omidina, also known as Baba Suwe was born on August 22, 1958 (63-years-old)
2. Baba Suwe was a native of Ikorodu Local Government Area of Lagos State and was born in Lagos Island.
3. The late Nollywood actor had his primary and secondary education in Lagos and Osun States.
4. Baba Suwe caught the attention of movie lovers after he featured Omolasan and became more popular after he featured in a film produced by Olaiya Igwe in 1997, ‘Iru Esin’.
5. Baba Suwe was married to a colleague, Omoladun Omidina and their marriage was blessed with children, some of whom are: Junior Ominida, Okiki Omidina and Halimat Omidina.
6. The wife of the veteran actor, Omoladun passed on in 2009.
7. The actor was accused of trafficking cocaine by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in 2011.
8. Five months ago the Lagos State Government compensated Baba Suwe with N3.1 million over a demolished property.
9. Baba Suwe died on November 22, 2021, after battling an illness for a long period.
Copyright Newspot 2021. All rights reserved. You may only share
Newspot content using our sharing buttons.