Monkey pox virus is gradually spreading in Nigeria as COVID-19 was in 2019. The latest alarm is from Lagos State University Teaching Hospital LASUTH.
A health alert from the hospital reads:
“And we have started seeing signs of people on the street with this same disease but they are not aware of it and they are assuming is chicken pox or ordinary rashes resulting from aftermath of fever they had .
1.If you are presently experiencing fever and seeing signs of rashes on your skin ,kindly alert the necessary authority.
Don’t keep it to yourself.
2. Avoid body to body contact in the bus or public places
3. Use your mask at any instant without hesitation or fear of criticism
4. Wash your hands thoroughly after every contact with people or common objects or places
5. Take your bath as soon as you get home from any outing
6. Spread used cloths to dry in the sun or wash as appropriate
7. Use hand sanitiser regularly
8. Lastly ,Student in hostel should mind what is shared and do not hesitate to prevent unnecessary contacts , with people, beddings and utensils .
9. Monkey pox is real and spreading fast .
10 . Thank you for adhering 🙏.