An educational consultant, Ayeni Oluyemi, who in a viral video accused a Lagos State Customary Court judge of snatching his wife, on Saturday, said the matter had been resolved.
Oluyemi had in the video narrated how he sought to resolve his marital dispute before the customary court.
He stated that the presiding judge later impregnated his wife and restricted access to his children.
Ayeni, who was remanded in custody over allegations of domestic violence, called on Nigerians to come to his aid.
Reacting to the video, the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency stated that the matter was investigated by the Lagos State Judicial Service Commission.
The Executive Secretary of the agency, Titilola Vivour-Adeniyi, in a statement, revealed that findings of the panel led to the termination of the appointment of the judge.
Ayeni, who spoke to PUNCH Metro on Saturday, said he recorded the video in 2015, adding that he no longer had issues with his ex-wife or the former judge.
He said, “I went to the judge to resolve an issue thinking it could be resolved through alternative dispute resolution, but the man dissolved my marriage and wanted to send me to jail through a falsified charge of assault.
“I took the matter up with the help of the media, including PUNCH, which published my case in March 2016. I wrote a letter to the Lagos State judiciary committee, a panel was set up and the man was dismissed. The matter was resolved and I thank the Lagos State Government for their prompt action. The video in circulation is old and I recorded it when I needed help.”
Ayeni said he got custody of his three children after another court ruled that his former wife could not take care of the children.
“The court said because the judge who got married to my former wife was a polygamist with five wives and 22 children, it was not advisable that the children should stay with him. So, the judge asked my new wife to swear to an affidavit that she would take custody of the children and take care of them. My children have been staying with me for the past seven years now. The former judge also died last year. So, people should allow the dead to rest. The video in circulation is old,” he added.