Job Vacancy: Job title: User Researcher
Job description: PalmPay is a pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria and Ghana and expanding to other markets in 2022. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
We’re looking for an experienced User Researcher who is passionate about our mission of driving financial inclusion in Africa and has a strong desire to literally walk in the shoes of our users and communicate their needs effectively for user centered product development.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for customer based research, developing user feedback channels and collecting and analyzing customer insights across both new and existing channels. You’ll work to understand existing and potential customers and collect detailed insights as well as action them with the team.
This role is based in Lagos, Nigeria head office and requires a keen eye for details, super-analytical and presentation skills. We are looking for someone who has a deep knowledge of the fintech industry and great research capabilities to join the local product team and provide quality customer insights to aid informed product development.
About the role
- Define, plan, and conduct user research through various methods with different market segments
- Continually contribute to our foundational research, including frameworks that describe our users (e.g. segmentation, user journeys)
- Work with product team to develop and advocate appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for a service, and to continually test and improve our services.
- Effectively communicate user research findings to the team and the wider company, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of the users
- Deliver compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Contribute to company-wide research strategy
- Conduct customer & market information reporting to gain local insights.
- Conduct post release surveys of new features and app improvements.
- Conduct regular NPS surveys and analysis to the team.
- Conduct regular review and reporting of customer feedback from all channels – Playstore, IOS store, WhatsApp group etc.
- Strengthen customer feedback channels by improving engagement to increase feedback quality.
- At least three years of user research experience in a consumer focused company
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Psychology, other Social Sciences or related field
- Broad experience in using a variety of user research methods to reveal actionable insights and are to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- Some experience of taking software products to market and adequate knowledge of the payments or financial services industry
- Have experience with designing, running and analyzing controlled behavioural experiments
- Proven experience of presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts.
- Familiar with quantitative analysis tools and other relevant software eg SPSS, SQL, User Testing etc
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Excellent storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other key partners
- Dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach to product development
- Enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 23:07:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!