Job Vacancy: Job title: Senior Service Engineer Job at Schneider Electric
Job description: Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software, Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Service Engineer – (HVAC) Precision Cooling
Job ID: 0086EX
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We seek a talented Senior Service Engineer (HVAC ) – Prevision Cooling who will be accountable for installing, inspecting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing customer cooling equipment.
- The incumbent will maintain, retrofit, and provide technical support for all DX cooling systems, chilled water systems, precision cooling units and other air-conditioning systems, including Electrical, electronic, and mechanical components.
Magic happens when you bring great people together!
- Installation, troubleshooting & repair of DX cooling systems, chilled water systems, precision cooling systems and other air-conditioning systems supplied by Schneider Electric, including electrical, electronic, and mechanical components.
- Diagnose electronic, electro-mechanical, electrical, and mechanical malfunctions.
- Attend to complex emergency repair works.
- Calibrates and adjusts thermostats, valves, and controls to specified levels of operation.
- Reviews plans, blueprints, and specifications for chilled water systems and air conditioning projects to understand the scope of projects and to recommend potential changes to the supervisor.
- Answers trouble calls for emergency repairs to DX cooling systems, chillers, precision cooling units and air conditioning equipment.
- Read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, schematics, diagrams, sketches, and specifications.
- Learn characteristics of new systems, new product launch equipment of the precision cooling and air conditioning trade and update skills to adapt to changing technology.
- Installs HVAC and air conditioning systems, equipment, and controls on new construction, alteration, improvement, and rehabilitation projects.
- Assist in preparing material lists, estimating job costs, preparing job records, and maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools for assigned areas/projects.
- Degree / Diploma / HND in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a Technical Field Services role with experience in maintaining DX cooling systems, chilled water systems, precision cooling units and other air-conditioning systems.
- Relevant experience with critical cooling systems infrastructure is a must-have, e.g., precision A/C, chilled watery systems, direct expansion, precision AC, cooling towers, air handlers etc.
- Know-how and ability to apply safety policies, practices, and procedures in work execution.
- Verifiable hands-on technical work experience required.
- Ability to locate and identify malfunctions or defections in equipment or apparatus and to make repairs.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work and instruct subordinate technicians and subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and other maintenance personnel.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- High-level technical knowledge of HVAC / Air-condition systems and applicable application software is preferred.
- High level of integrity & tenacity; high-energy, positive, flexible & team spirit.
- Excellent communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Good ability to network in various environments & matrix organisation.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to travel when required.
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities:
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 00:44:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!