Job Vacancy: Job title: Senior Android Developer Job at Carbon Nigeria
Job description: Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Android Developer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Engineering-Software Development
- We are looking for a passionate, career driven Senior Android Developer to join our team.
- This is a great opportunity to gain significant and substantial experience.
- Drive the direction of the mobile applications in the company to deliver robust, secure and efficient experiences to make our customers happy.
- Design, develop and improve our Android applications across all popular devices.
- Produce technical designs and lead developers during development.
- Build up best-practices around Android development, code reviews and training.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- B.Sc / M.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- At least 4 years of software development experience and Android skills development
- Experience building native apps in Android using Java (mandatory) and Kotlin
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have published at least one original Android app to the Play Store
- Experience with Android and Firebase SDKs
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Sound knowledge on android components (Content providers, Broadcast receivers, services, activities, fragments, UI layouts, Intents ..)
- Fast paced and able to work to deadlines.
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being selected:
- Knowledge of at least one backend programming language
- Ability to work with UX prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe XD, InvisionApp etc
- Knowledge of GIT
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 22:40:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!