Job Vacancy: Job title: Project Manager Job at Flour Mill of Nigeria Plc
Job description: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- The Project Manager in the PMO office will work closely with relevant stakeholders and a small team to partner with one or more business units to facilitate the implementation and smooth running of an effective and lean project management framework in such a Business unit.
- Provide governance, oversight, and support to projects managed by various business units
- May assume full responsibility to manage certain projects that are not directly managed by business units
- Support various change management programmes and, in general, act as an agent of change
- Support project/programme planning, execution, and tracking of FMN’s portfolio.
- Coach and train BU project owners/managers on best practices and project management methodologies (e.g.: cost management, tracking, etc).
- Assist in the definition of project scope and project charter, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Help Business units project managers to better coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure flawless execution of assigned projects.
- Apply a system to monitor, track progress, manage changes to the project scope, schedule and cost.
- Measure and report project performance and escalate proactively to management and/or project owners as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and database (digitally)
- Support and facilitate the adoption of breakthrough business practices and technologies such as Continuous Improvement, Process Automation, AI, Service Delivery Excellence, etc to boost productivity and competitiveness.
- Coach and mentor project managers at the Business unit level on lean and efficient project management methodologies and practices; provide the necessary toolkits, and recommend training.
- Participate actively in and is instrumental to the development of FMN’s strategy with regards to project pipeline development, evaluation and selection, and prioritization.
- First Degree preferably in the fields of Engineering, Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, Operations Research, Organisational Behaviour, Mathematics or Finance.
- A master’s degree in any of the above or related fields and/or an MBA would be a plus.
- Project management qualifications would be a plus
- Advanced finance competency and numeracy are expected. Some understanding of basic accounting would be a plus.
- Some familiarity with ERPs would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a major manufacturing player or a top-notch management or technology consultancy firm and continuous improvement of the project.
The Person Must:
- Ensure percent deviation in projects approved outside the FMN project management framework.
- Ensure the percentage of a completed project.
- Ensure the percentage of completed projects on time.
- Ensure the percentage of completed projects on budget.
- Ensure the percentage of completed projects on specs.
- Process approving, monitoring, and reporting standardization in a business impactful fashion.
Location: Enugu, Enugu State – Abuja, FCT
Job date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:14:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!