Job Vacancy: Job title: Programme Policy Officer -Gender, NOC, Abuja
Job description: .
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced university degree in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, gender, international development, international relations, human rights, political science, or another related field.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
These roles are likely found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). Job holders are likely to report to the relevant Director or more senior programme post.
Job holders are likely to manage a moderate portfolio of activities that may include contribution to and/or direct management of programmes in COs of moderate complexity, or contribution to policy formulation and provision of technical advice at RB or HQ level for a defined area of expertise. Job holders operate with considerable independence in their specialities and may manage a substantial team of junior professional and support staff
The Gender Officer (NOC) will lead the mainstreaming of gender across WFP activities and strengthen partnerships in support of implementation on of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and commitment to strengthen gender transformative programming.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide advice for the integration of gender in the design and implementation of CSP activities.
2. Support and strengthen the undertaking and use of gender and age analyses, as standalone activities and integrated into all assessments/data collection.
3. Provide technical guidance for gender-responsive monitoring.
4. Provide advice for integrating gender into the design and implementation of CSP Activities, including in the areas of disaster preparedness, resilience
5. Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships in support of gender equality and women’s empowerment outcomes, including with other UN entities, NGOs, local CSOs and the private sector.
6. Actively participate in, and contribute to, the work of the inter-agency gender theme group in Nigeria.
7. Assist HR in designing and delivering learning opportunities for WFP Nigeria employees, as well as partners (as applicable), to increase their abilities to integrate gender into their work/ functional areas
8. Coordinate the work of the Country Office Gender Results Network.
9. Support the CO Partnerships Office in the mobilization of resources for GEWE-related activities
10. Contribute to the Country Office communication activities, including review of regular updates and briefing materials, as well as sharing of activities through the WFP Gender Community
11. Manage annual completion of the online entries for the Gender and Age Marker Monitoring exercise.
12. Prepare and/or deliver gender equality and inclusion training materials and trainings, adapted to the Nigeria country context to relevant audiences (WFP staff/WFP Cooperating Partners/Communities)
13. Build strategic alliances with other key actors, internal and external to WFP, to advocate for gender transformative programming and collaborate on GEWE initiatives.
14. Prepare timely and accurate reports on gender and inclusion activities occurring in WFP Nigeria
15. Take the lead in organizing activities to mark International Women’s Day and the 16 Days of Activism against gender-based violence, as well as relevant events
16. Perform other relevant duties as needed
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the GEWE-related mandates
- In-depth knowledge of gender in humanitarian and development settings, humanitarian issues and linkages with food security and nutrition.
- Ability to effectively communicate through multiple mediums (e.g. messaging, reporting, training)
- Ability to effectively engage with partners.
- Ability to produce funding proposals.
- Sound knowledge and skills in adult learning
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal relations
- Flexibility to travel in challenging environments.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Education: Advanced university degree in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, gender, international development, international relations, human rights, political science, or another related field.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/Level C) of English is required.
Experience • At least 7 years of progressively responsible relevant professional and practical experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment programming/operations • Experience in writing analytical documents and reports • Experience in conducting participatory gender and age analyses, utilising mixed methods • Experience in delivering gender-related training and capacity-strengthening initiatives
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position. (For National Officer level positions candidates must be Nigerian Nationals)
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to the automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation, and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit the International Civil Service Commission’s website: http://icsc.un.org (link: ).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
11:59PM, 22ND FEBRUARY 2024
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 04:32:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!