Job Vacancy: Job title: Performance Engineer M/F
Job description: SPIE Services Nigeria Limited is looking for profiles to fill the position of Performance Engineer.
- Ensure full alignment with Company Rules regarding Performance in Drilling & Wells activities.
- Lead internal & external performance reviews.
- Champion Continuous Improvement in Drilling & Wells operations within the affiliate.
- Guarantee the accomplishment of Well operations in compliance with codes of practice, safety and environmental protection, while optimizing costs and lead times.
- Contribute to the return on Exploration & Production investments, through a continuous process to improve the equipment/ resource usage, services and operational procedures.
- Ensures personal commitment to COMPANY’s policies, standards, codes of conduct & HSE requirements.
- Ensure best engineering practices are deployed on Drilling & Wells operations
- Prepares & reviews KPIs and Performance Indices for Drilling & Well Activities, Inspection, QAQC and Material Management (Handling, Storage Optimization).
- Assist the operations teams and prepare in close collaboration with other entities (GSR, C&P, ECP, Planning, Project team, Finance etc.) medium to long term drilling plans to achieve safe and cost-effective operations.
- Supports the Manager, Methods and Performance and Head, Materials and QAQC in ensuring the optimal support to Drilling & Well Operations (Rig-based, SEWOP, Barge and Rig less operations).
- Is a key player in the Drilling Wells Improvement process (DWIP) and “Solutions for Performance” targeted at Drilling & Wells Operations.
- Contributes to the LEAN, Cost rationalization and continuous improvement culture within Methods and Performance Team.
- Ensures lessons learnt and best practices are captured and communicated within the Drilling & Wells Métier and to external stakeholders.
- Follows well KPI and CPI database, and benchmarks operations against “best composite” performance to ensure there is sufficient value extracted from operations.
- Actively Participates in monthly performance meetings
- Follows up and assists in closing out any highlighted improvement actions.
- Participate in risk assessment related to Well operations. Identify and implement measures to ensure successful well delivery.
- Participate in operation debriefing with the rig and contractors to capture lessons learnt, areas of improvement and disseminate experience across the team.
- Participate in HSE audits, site committee meeting and incident investigations at the bases and on the rig. Promote HSE initiatives.
- Good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions i.e. Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity and Fluids.
- Good knowledge of Company referential, industry standards and best practices required to achieve well objectives in a safe and optimum manner
- Proposes new ideas and innovations for well performance improvement
- Sharing information via REX
- Track and Ensure follow-up of Operations & Cost Performance Indices ( KPI’s , CPIs etc.) for all assets within Drilling & Wells ( Well Operations/ Interventions/ Support Services)
- Provide support for Engineering compliant with technical referential, at adequate quality to enhance Safety, Performance and Well Delivery
- Ensure that studies to improve performance are conducted and results implemented.
- Assist with the optimization of activities of service providers and assess their performance when required
- Assist with the planning and mobilization of resources (personnel, equipment, contracts) for the execution of approved well operations in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintain good interface with other entities internal and external for the optimization of well operations
- Assist with the preparation and conduct invitations to tender for service and equipment contracts for Drilling & Wells teams when required.
- A degree in the sciences or Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant technical experience with Well engineering roles
- Good knowledge of Data Analysis Tools & Methods, Communication (oral & written) and Presentation skills.
- Good knowledge drilling engineering/ operations, completion engineering, well interventions and well integrity.
- Good knowledge of material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedure, stock management
- Good knowledge of the Company rules, Guides and Manuals, General Specifications and the CMS related to Drilling and Wells, Safety, QA/QC and associated métiers
- Good knowledge of Contracts and Procurement, Finance and Cost control
- Good knowledge of Relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.
Working at spie
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Minimum level of experience required
6 years or more
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Combining our differences
SPIE is committed to promoting diversity. The recruitment of employees with disabilities is an important part of our HR policy.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 02:53:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!