Job Vacancy: Job title: Nigeria Impact Ventures Specialist / Associate
Job description: The Impact Ventures Specialist will play a major role in driving scale and helping the program reach more farmers. The role offers an exciting opportunity to lead trials, scale up new products and services that will greatly improve the lives of farmers
Location Nigeria Career Level Professionals
In order to maintain One Acre Fund’s ambitious growth trajectory, the New Country Expansion team has identified Nigeria as a critical country to expand to, and we have begun our pilot program in Minna, Niger State.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our blog for more information.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to hold a leadership role in the Impact Ventures program in Nigeria. You will design, set up and manage trials/innovations that can scale and reach hundreds of thousands of farmers in Nigeria over the next few years. You will report to the Impact Ventures Lead.
Designing Trials and Expansion
- Lead on the launching and execution of streams of innovations and trials
- Manage field teams to achieve trial visions and goals
- Contribution to high-level strategy development and detailed field execution
- Work with other Global and Nigeria One Acre Fund teams
- Build detailed trial project plans, including execution calendar
- Develop trial budgets and building of sustainable financial models
- Develop Management and KPI tools (e.g., Dashboards, training calendar, KPI trackers)
- Design and conduct market research to improve product and service delivery to clients.
- High-level trial design – Lead discussions on what questions to test through the trial, how to test it, and how the learning will improve longer term program design. Some essential components for discussion include marketing strategy, pricing, and distribution of the product/service.
- Trial monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan and execution – work with the M&E team to design trials and data collection plans to evaluate impact at trial conclusion
- Work with other departments and global research teams to build program solutions and innovations.
- Communicate updates and results.
- Spend time with the field teams in the field talking to our potential smallholder farmer clients to understand real-time challenges.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and program performance, through weekly tracking of Measurements, and identifying / working on process improvements
- Manage budgets and create forecasts for expansion and other program innovations.
- Hire and develop teams to operationalize plans
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the . For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience, including leading teams or entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a new program, department or launching new projects)
- University degree required in Business Administration, International Development, Agric Economics, or related fields.
- Experience managing projects that involve scaling u
- Experience implementing strategies based on field data and programmatic evidence.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Hausa (and other Nigerian languages)
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria
17 March 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @ address. Please report any suspicious communication here ( ), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Location: Minna, Niger State
Job date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 07:27:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!