Job Vacancy: Job title: Medical Laboratory Scientist Job at St. Luke’s Hospital
Job description: St. Luke’s Hospital is a privately owned hospital located in Asaba, Delta State, with modern equipment providing clinical management, diagnosis, and healthcare solutions via the latest technology in delivering healthcare to our patients within Nigeria and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Job Location: Asaba, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive urine, blood, or other samples for experimentation and analysis.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens.
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment.
- Adhere to the protocols, norms, rules, and regulations to maintain complete medical records.
- Establish quality assurance programs to monitor and ensure the accuracy of test results.
- Monitor patient outcomes.
- Adheres to general hospital standards.
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians.
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards.
- Cross-match blood for transfusion.
- Guide and supervise technicians.
- Ensure a hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with healthcare procedures
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have BMLS qualifications.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must possess a certification as an Associate of the Institute of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Good eyesight and clear vision
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV and application letters to:
Location: Asaba, Delta State
Job date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 06:11:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!