Job Vacancy: Job title: Liveyourdream Consulting Ongoing Job Recruitment – Apply Here
Job description: Liveyourdream Consulting establishedin 2015 is ahousehold name in the provision of efficient consulting services in Nigeria controlling a significant proportion of service opportunities in each area of our operations helping companies to grow with our expert services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource and Admin Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- A vacancy exists for the role of Human Resources and Admin. Manager in a school located in the heart of Abuja; providing world-class education to students.
- It is expected that the suitable candidate sets up a functioning Human Resource Department to assist the school in providing quality educational services to students in Primary, Junior Secondary, and Senior Secondary school.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting up a standard and functioning HR and Administrative department that manages tasks including recruitment, administration, compensation and benefits, learning and development, employee relations, and performance management
- Display knowledge of Nigeria law and applications; dealing with various government agencies as they relate to day-to-day operations of the school
- Demonstrate the ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development within the company.
- Maintain full responsibility for the operational planning and direction of cross-functional departments which includes academic/non-academic sections and Government Compliance for the school
- Oversee various aspects of human resources such as; recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation & and benefits administration, training and development, HRIS and payroll administration.
- Organize employee-related activities aimed at improving the company culture
- Develop HR policies and procedures for employees and management across the school
- Manage the organizational effectiveness function which includes: succession planning, change management, organizational design and alignment, and performance improvement strategies
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- To deliver and report on the annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees is collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional bodies
- Develop annual HR budget in line with the school’s objectives. Liaise with the finance department to ensure control of all cost items and expenditures within agreed budgets.
- Maintain a human resources database consistently and accurately that reflects the current staff details and conditions. This is inclusive of inputting starters and leavers, changing of details, contractual amendments, annual leave, and the recording of sick and other leaves. Appropriate reports from the human resources database for monitoring and auditing employee data, training, and performance, among other processes.
- Formulate and maintain Mentor-Mentee relationships that will facilitate and achieve individual departmental career paths within the organization.
- Work closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Responsible for designing and implementing the school’s reward system such as the annual staff party and employee of quarter/year.
- Oversee the registration and membership of teachers’ membership with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Plan, implement, and collate quarterly/probation/annual employee performance appraisal programs and occasionally meet with Head of School/Sectional Heads to discuss, and identify gaps in the appraisals of employees and recommend training needs to develop previously identified gaps.
- Identify and develop a competence framework for all employees within the organization
- Bridge employee and line management relations especially across the schools by addressing their demands, grievances, and other work-related issues
- Oversee processing of visas, book tickets, and protocol services (when necessary), and make hotel reservations for all employees/management on official trips both internal and external
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Communicate HR policy changes and new HR initiatives by management to employees, guiding as needed
- Provide advice and answers to personnel on routine cases for HR services such as the performance appraisal process, learning & development activities, contracts, benefits, entitlements and remuneration, and career development
- Guide HR-related systems and processes including but not limited to Recruitment, Contracts, Position Management, Benefits, and Entitlements consistent with the school’s rules and procedures
- Oversee the process of onboarding and induction of new employees by ensuring the continuous orientation of both new and old employees on the company’s mission, vision, policies set goals, and objectives
Qualification / Requirements
- Degree in Human Resource Management or any related field
- Must Possess HR related certification (CIPM, SHRM, CIPD)
- HR experience in the education sector will be an added advantage
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Basic knowledge of Nigerian labour law and HR best practices
- Strong communication skills with personable appearance
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Interested and qualified candidates should their updated CV in a WORD document to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th November, 2023.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 04:20:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!