Job Vacancy: Job title: In Country Project Manager – Abuja, Nigeria
Job description: Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN & MAINTAIN A MODERATE RISK PUBLIC TRUST (MRPT) CLEARANCE**
PRO-telligent, a Tetra Tech Company, is seeking an experienced In-Country Project Manager that shall be responsible for management of all Project activities, efforts, logistics, services, personnel, property, and contractual matters under this Contract. The In-Country Project Manager shall communicate regularly with the COR, TPU Advisor, INL Director in Abuja, and the INL Nigeria Program Officer, and coordinate efforts with the CO and/or COR, in order to make certain project efforts remain within policy objectives as determined by INL and the U.S. Embassy in Abuja. Such efforts include training, mentoring, as well as the management of logistics, personnel, housing and living support, medical support, morale, welfare, and contingency plans for emergencies.
- Oversee, monitor, and manage for the successful completion of the training and mentoring components of this Contract.
- Oversee, monitor, and manage for the successful implementation of the logistics and logistical support for the efforts in this contract, including food, beverage, and laundry services, transport and storage of various materials, distribution of equipment, among other facets of the Contract.
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate for the successful management of personnel needed for the successful completion of the activities and efforts defined in the Contract.
- The selected candidate shall be located in Abuja, although may need to be onsite during the 16-week training session.
- The position may be required to undertake travel to deliver supplies to personnel serving in outlying deployments of contract personnel.
- It is strongly urged that the In-Country Project Manager consult with the INL Director and U.S. Embassy’s Regional Security Officer (RSO) or their delegate for any travel in the country, particularly outside Abuja, and follow any travel recommendations the RSO or their delegate.
- Promote coordination and facilitate communication between Contract staff, the TPU Advisor, the INL Director in Abuja, INL Nigeria Program Officer, other U.S.-led initiatives (including USAID and RSO’s office), the U.S. Embassy, and INL to help minimize confusion, duplication of effort, and generally work to enhance mission success, overall and in specific facets.
- In coordination with the INL Nigeria Program Officer and the INL Director in Abuja, review, revise, and when necessary, implement contingency response plan for various situations and emergencies to ensure the safety of the Contract staff and the Manager. The contingency response plan should be an updated version of the plan that the Contractor originally provided to the CO and COR. (See Section 10.1, Transition).
- Maintain items and equipment issued to Advisors, and repair or replace equipment as necessary, utilizing a local subcontractor when necessary.
- Maintain the communications and internet access for Contract staff members. Provide replacements when equipment needs repair or fails to work. Make adjustments and offer recommendations on how to improve phone and internet service and reliability.
- Maintain strict accountability of all supplies, inventory, and equipment in Nigeria. All equipment shall be tracked and accounted for within the property management system (see Section 6.3.4) and in a quarterly report sent to the Contracting Officer, the COR, INL Director in Abuja, and INL Nigeria Program Officer.
- Responsible for collecting and verifying time sheets / hours worked by Contract staff members.
- Shall ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly and the facility conducting the maintenance maintains high quality and timely work.
- Provide any support to Contract staff related to reporting of accidents and incidents, requests for personnel extensions or terminations, and provision of medical support to Contract staff, including planning for and facilitating emergency medical evaluations.
- Assist the Contractor in procuring supplies, equipment, and support services to support the training of the TPU and Contract staff. This includes procurement, storage, and distribution of INL procured equipment, as well as equipment and life support for Contract staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of three years of experience working overseas or in a remote or difficult environment.
- Minimum of five years of experience in project management, which includes a large multi-million dollar project.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated supervisory capacity, with at least 3 years of a staff of eight or more personnel.
- Minimum of one year experience in payroll, bookkeeping, or accounting.
- Demonstrated procurement and logistics experience.
- Experience working with communications technologies.
- Experience in emergency procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Possession of a current state driver’s license that is valid for the full period of prospective deployment required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at .
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
TetraTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Tetra Tech is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Organization: 174 PRT
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 01:42:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!