Job Vacancy: Job title: Human Resources Officer Job at Nuru Nigeria
Job description: Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resources Officer
Job Code: NNJ.2021
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Career Level: Mid-Level
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting and Supervision: : the Finance & Admin Manager
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a one year, renewable based
on funding and performance.
- Nuru Nigeria is seeking a Human Resources Officer who will provide support to the Administrative and Finance Manager at sustaining a human resource department that will effectively attract, hire, develop and retain qualified employees.
- S/He will manage the full complement of the HR services for all NN programmes.
- Plan and coordinate the workforce to best use employees’ talents.
- Resolve issues between management and employees Advise managers on policies and ensure compliance to policies as stated in the NN Human Resources Manual.
- Coordinate with HR consultants (if applicable) and support NN in recruitment, selection and hiring processes.
- Manage 360 employees’ performance appraisal process and support managers in implementing performance outcomes
- Train employees on HR policies and procedures, update NN on new regulations or best practices in human resources.
- Manage employees’ records, benefits, welfare, and compensation system
- Draft and review contract/ Job descriptions
- Design yearly Human Resources plans
- Employee relations and welfare Management
- Learning and Development
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources or a relevant field.
- A member of CIPM/Masters Degree in Human Resources will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years post NYSC experience in core HR functions.
- High Level of Confidentiality.
- Excellent knowledge of labour laws.
- HR Technology and Analytics.
- Manpower planning and recruitment.
- Managing the Learning and Development function.
- Employee Relations.
- Credible People’s advocate.
- Excellent ability to create a comfortable and health work environment for employees.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Ability
- Innovation and Leaning mindset
- Embraces the culture and value of Nuru Nigeria especially servant leadership, transparency and high sense of accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or
ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions. * Other Labor best practices apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: using the Job position and Location as the subject of the mail.
Non – discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 07:09:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!