Job Vacancy: Job title: General Manager Job at MTN Nigeria
Job description: MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: General Manager (Regional Operations North West, Sales and Distribution)
Job Identification: 2834
Job Location: Abuja, FCT
Job Schedule: Full time
Division: Sales & Distribution
Job Category: MTN Level 4
Reports to: Chief Sales and Distribution Officer
- To operationalize and implement MTNN’s regional operations strategy within the regional environment and ensure that regional sales targets and service levels are achieved.
- To drive compliance and enhance MTNN’s corporate image and reputation by driving/championing the External Management Stakeholder Strategy.
- Identify and implement innovative, disciplined, and continuously improving business processes and systems in the region
- Evaluate need and recommend opportunities for business development and expansion in the region
- Review and evaluate regional performance on a continuing basis and provide direction for modification of systems and/or implementation of new systems
- Establish processes/standards and evaluation of systems and technologies with regards to customer experience
- Anticipate and effectively deal with issues that could enhance the region’s opportunities or adversely impact business results
- Proactively identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across the region
- Drive effective execution of regional operational and business plans consistent with the vision, mission,core values and strategic plan of MTNN, and coordinate resources to ensure their proper execution
- Liaise with marketing division to drive key brand propositions within the regions
- Communicate MTNN value propositions to regional markets via appropriate media
- Implement Government Relations Strategy for the region in alignment with MTN Nigeria’s business direction to guarantee license to operate and business sustainability
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the region ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions
- Develop annual regional budgets (OPEX and CAPEX) and provide firm budget management to maintain costs and reduce loss from regional operations
- Assess resource requirements for the region, guide and influence the long term financial view of the organization provide input into the overall business planning
- Provide leadership and direction in the operations, leading team to deliver on respective business targets and improve overall performance of the region Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity
- Establish and maintain effective corporate relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in the executive and legislative arms of government to effectively channel the goals and desires of MTNN. Furthermore, maintain positive relationships with local, state and federal government representatives, community leaders, and other external stakeholders as necessary in the overall management of the region to ensure harmonious relations are maintained.
- Participate in relevant stakeholder forums aimed at developing/reviewing policies/statutory laws – ensure MTN’s views are appropriately represented.
- Coordinate liaison between staff in the region and ensure effective information and resource sharing to achieve desired objectives.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules
- Coach and train regional team members to ensure the understanding of the objectives and goals of the region. Drive awareness of the set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in related discipline
- Possession of a post graduate degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Minimum of 12 years of working experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more
- 3 years of experience in relevant industry/sector (FMCG/Telecommunications/Retail Banking/service industry context)
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
Note: Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 00:58:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!