Job Vacancy: Job title: Finance Analyst Accounts Payable Nigeria
Job description: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Finance
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Start Date:
Business unit: Finance
Experience Level: Early Careers
What is the Role?
The Analyst Accounts Payable & Indirect Taxes is accountable for Vendor Master Data Maintenance for all Shell Companies in Nigeria. Ensuring the implementation of all approved Master Reference Data updates in the ERP System.
- Create Vendor Master Data for all New vendor categories.
- Advice rules on Bank details Set up for vendors in relation to country of domiciliation and Update Same for New and Existing vendors in the Vendor Master Data.
- Block Non-Compliant Vendors and Unblock vendors whose noncompliance have been remediated
- Ensure Compliance to Boundary conditions for Contractor Entries and Implement remediation process
- Quarterly Controls Reporting for the Shell Community Trust Support to access compliance to controls in each process-From vendor creation to Payment
- Quarterly Controls Reporting for Account Payables-To Access compliance to controls in Vendor Maintenance, Indirect Tax, Invoice Processing, and Duplicate Invoice Controls.
- Monthly AP Performance Tracker Reporting to assess each team member’s Level of achievement to set KPI’s in all teams in AP (Vendor relations, Vendor maintenance, Invoice Processing, Intra group, Indirect Taxes and Duplicate invoices check)
- Propose and Implement Control measures where there are areas of deviations from the KPIs in any of the Teams.
- Quarterly Controls reporting for the Nigerian Content Development Levy to assess level of compliance to the Act on all invoices paid for the quarter.
- AP Focal for the Current Group Audit of all payments from 2018 -2021 to assess level of compliance to NCDF Act and determine relevant exposure if any
- Manage all Sharepoint sites in AP and Act as a focal for all SharePoint related issues in AP
- Investigate causes of failed payments and engage the relevant parties for remediation.
- Act as Focal for all staff related enquiries on Financial Invoices, Account set up, Allowances, and any other Issues related to staff payments outside payroll
- Manage all Teams work instructions and provide regular updates where necessary
- Liaise with SEPRA for Monthly Service entries Creation for payment of Contract staff Salaries
- Response to any Investigation or enquiry in any of the AP Process
- Any other duty that may be Assigned from time to time
What we need from you?
- An Accountant with at least 2 years of post-graduation experience or fresh graduate with ACCA/ACA or CIMA certificate
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Proven track record of delivery/performance
- A good understanding of the Tax geographies and practice in Nigeria
- Good understanding of the Accounts Payable processes, associated risks and controls
- Good stakeholder Engagement skills, as interface with different teams is embedded in this role in various organizations
Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment. Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers when available.
Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: . All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website .
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
DISCLAIMER: Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 05:33:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!