Job Vacancy: Job title: Finance & Admin Officer Job at Breakthrough Action Nigeria
Job description: Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a USAID-funded project (2017-2025). The goal of the project is to increase the practice of priority individual and household level behaviours and provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance & Admin Officer
Job Location: Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance & Admin Officer together with other finance and admin team members will implement efficient finance activities and provide efficient administrative support for all categories of staff and external stakeholders to provide administrative and logistics support in the office.
- S/he will also work with the State Coordinator and other program team members in providing required support towards successful implementation of BA-Nigeria activities towards achieving the project objectives in a compliant manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following below:
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are done according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Provide necessary logistic support to prepare large meetings, trainings and workshops in the office and off-site.
- Management of office fixed assets and inventory, ensuring all assets are tagged and updated in asset register and proper records are maintained for all office consumables to prevent waste and abuse. Carry out periodic asset physical asset verification and inventory stock taking.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare and support needs of visiting guests are met;
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance of office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs;
- Manage all field office petty cash transactions, ensuring proper documentation and physical cash control.
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure all travel and activity advances from the field office are retired as at when due; adequate support documentations are provided and all unused funds refunded to project account in a timely manner.
- Prepare procurement documentation including RFQs, selection memos, local purchase orders, GRNs etc. using JHU/CCP formats
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check field payments
- Support the admin team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Assist in processing vendor and consultancy invoices.
- Ensure office stationary are always available and stockouts are avoided;
- Work closely with relevant state staff to supervise and account for all safety equipment and supplies (First Aid and Fire extinguishers etc.) in all program offices.
- Conduct routine checks on all safety equipment to ensure they are in good and usable condition, and make recommendations when needed;
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor.
- Supervise the Finance and Admin Assistant and Driver(s)
- Review and approve times heets for direct reports
- Perform performance appraisals for direct reports.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related Finance field).
- 5 – 6 years of NGO experience is required. Experience implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is essential.
- Languages Skills: Must be fluent in English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CV to:
Location: Cross River
Job date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 01:18:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!