Job Vacancy: Job title: Business Development Manager
Job description: We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own work making choice possible around the world.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will play a pivotal role in expanding our growing portfolio of work across Africa and Asia, building on numerous successes in the last few years and working with new clients. The BDM will work within the energetic New Business and Partnerships Team (NBP), reporting to the Assistant Director of New Business and Partnerships. The NBP team co-ordinates and manages the business development (BD) process, in collaboration with colleagues across Options’ global teams. The BDM will analyse and position for new opportunities, pursue and develop prequalification documents, and develop high-quality technical, innovation and commercial proposals for new business. The BDM contributes to the implementation of Options’ new business strategy, supporting our approach to new clients, and expansion into new markets.
Some international travel will be required.
- Dynamic and creative with the ability to show initiative.
- A team player, providing support and encouragement.
- Organised and process-oriented, with an attention to detail and able to prioritise workload.
- Education to degree level, or equivalent experience, in a related/relevant subject.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably in global health or development.
- Experience in team design, sourcing and contracting consultants.
- Experience in identification, analysis and tracking of business opportunities.
- Experience managing the development of successful proposals for government, foundation and other donors, including experience responding to competitive tenders, developing technical and commercial proposals.
- Strong financial skills including budgeting, analysis of budgets and development of commercial proposals.
Options offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package specific to each country, for further information please contact HR at .
- To apply, please fill in the form.
- Closing date for applications is: 22 October 2023
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 06 November 2023
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is dedicated to equal opportunity for all and recognises that every individual is unique. Whilst we always seek to embrace individual differences and celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we also want to ensure that every team member is suited to their role and that they are given the best opportunity to succeed.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the country they are residing (UK, Nigeria or Kenya)
Location: Nigeria – Kenya
Job date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:40:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!