Job Vacancy: Job title: Agriculture and Farmer Cooperative Intern Recruitment at Nuru Nigeria
Job description: Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Agriculture and Farmer Cooperative Intern
Job Location: Hong LGA, Adamawa
Career Level: Entry Level
Terms and conditions:The appointment will be for a 10 months period, renewable
based on funding and performance
Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Agriculture and Farmer Cooperative Intern will provide technical support to the BSL field team in the implementation of activities in all thematic areas.
- He/ She will support the ADCOP and other program team in coordinating farmers groups for delivery of program activities and performing other administrative support to the field team.
- The Agriculture Intern will work closely with the community field agents to integrate the BSL project into the community, support in effective mobilization of farmers group for all BSL project activities.
- He/ She will provide technical support in the documentation of program activities, field reports and capturing of success stories.
- Support during field training and delivery of agricultural extension activities, prepare and distribute all farmer training items and document learning points/notes for activity evaluations.
- Support in the management of all agriculture and nutrition related demonstration activities, coordination of women supported programs and all Social and Communication Change activities.
- Actively participate in M&E activities and support in monitoring and tracking program successes, carrying out of assessments and survey as well as collation of
- data for proper documentation.
- Support the ADCOP in establishment of an effective community feedback mechanism and dissemination of program information.
- Responsible for carrying out all administrative activities to improve program efficiency.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned/instructed by Supervisor.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree, National Diploma, NCE in the following fields; Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development, Cooperative Studies or any other related field.
- 1-2 years of experience working in agriculture-related field, experience working in development projects preferred.
- Knowledge of farmer organization and experience working with smallholder farmers in development is highly required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Good understanding and fluency in Hausa, Fufulde or Kilba is highly preferred.
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word & Excel programs) and Google apps.
- Sound understanding of the program context area is highly required and willingness to work in remote communities.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job position as the subject of the email.
Non-discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
Job date: Fri, 13 May 2022 01:13:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!