Job Vacancy: Job title: 2x Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Job description: Job Overview:
New Incentives implements the All Babies program, which incentivizes caregivers of infants to complete a series of routine, potentially life-saving childhood immunizations by providing them with a small cash transfer after each vaccine is administered. We currently operate in North West Nigeria, where childhood immunization rates are low. A randomized controlled trial (RCT) found strong evidence that the program significantly .
We are seeking growth-oriented individuals who can support our monitoring and evaluation function through our next phase of growth. Currently, our organization is looking to improve its high-quality monitoring and evaluation (M&E) as we recently finished an RCT and want to develop strong ongoing impact monitoring. Our M&E goals include reviewing program monitoring data and its sources to make recommendations, making evidence-based program design decisions, sharing research results and engaging with audiences about the impact of these results while effectively addressing any potential concerns, strengthening our M&E-related stakeholder relationships and assisting in setting our M&E agenda.
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Coordinator the M&E Manager will be responsible for analysing statistical data from Operational health facilities of NI in north western region including Health facilities and generating weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed statistical reports for program follow up and monitoring purposes.Is expected to take part in the M&E activities to ensure the delivery of high quality services. Is expected to update the comprehensive Ni data tool or reports regularly as needed and suggest changes where needed,the M&E Manager will be expected to supervise a team of enumerators and guide them as they conduct surveys.
Monitoring of the ongoing impact
- Collaborating with research partners to ensure the development of ongoing impact monitoring.
- Review related data and results to identify gaps in data collection and influence program priorities.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations and safeguards the data for control quality improvement efforts
- Conduct regular visits to health facilities to identify gaps in timeliness and quality of data reporting and work with relevant staff to address the gaps.
Monitoring of program data
- Maintain and improve monitoring and evaluation framework through monitoring of internal data to highlight areas requiring strengthening and/or recommendations.
- Review sources of internal data (e.g. forms filled out by our Field Operations team), establish and execute internal data verification procedures, run quality checks, develop data verification training, streamline survey questions, and identify opportunities to improve ongoing surveys to achieve streamlined program operations.
- Analyze infant enrollments in the program (i.e. expected vs actual enrollments, catch-up, out-of-catchment) and assess this against LGA-level population estimates.
- Conduct data validity and accuracy audits to ensure the quality of the data in the system
- Carry out a quarterly data audit to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data in the health facility registers in correlation with NI reported data.
Supporting and contributing to data-driven decision-making
- Improve New Incentives’ ability to make well-informed, data-driven decisions about program direction and expansion.
- Identify ways to leverage the program delivery platform to increase impact and cost-effectiveness over time.
- Provide refresher training to staff, and health staff on, data management
- Attend Health management information system (HIMS), SERICC, Health Partners, SPHCDA meetings and provide feedback to the staff to improve the data quality
- With the support of the Operations Coordinator organize quarterly data review meetings to monitor the program performance.
- Carry out any other activities deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
Supervision of Enumerators
- Responsible for supervising a team of enumerators that will conduct surveys in rural areas
- Responsible for the supervision of all data reported and ensuring they are complying with the organization rules and code of conduct.
Reporting and Coordination:
- Represent NI in Health management information system (HIMS ), SERICC,Health Partners, SPHCDA and other related meetings
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and updates as required for the consumption of stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Has health background
- Skills in DHIS, HMIS and data management.
- At least 2 years experience in health data collection/ management and all statistic forms
- Data analysis and report writing skills
- Health information system knowledge and skills
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel), MIS, HIS, SPSS
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources
Gender Equality: NI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
NI is an equal opportunity employer.
What you can expect from this role:
- An opportunity to work with an innovative team that was recently recognized as
. * A job that will directly lead to many lives saved.
- A challenging role where your abilities will lead to material change.
- Working under the direct supervision of the Operations Coordinator.
- An opportunity to work with a highly accountable and passionate team.
- A healthy work-life balance.
- The flexibility of working remotely with opportunities to interact with communities.
- A position with significant growth opportunities.
We invite applicants who are highly motivated, smart and have demonstrated a good fit with the organization’s principles of accountability, diligence, communication, planning, and managing time well. In this role, you will receive significant responsibility and will be responsible for delivering consistently. This role is only for those who are able to meet the challenges of a quickly growing organization running a pioneering conditional cash transfer program with unique execution. If you succeed in this role, there will be significant opportunities to grow.
All submissions should be through breezy.hr by filling out this on or before 11.59 pm of 04-Feb-2022.
Location: Bauchi, Bauchi State
Job date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:02:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!