I’m A Celebrity 2021: Naughty Boy ‘given special meals off-camera’

Advertisement


Naughty Boy on I'm A Celebrity

Will Naughty Boy stay in the castle after threatening to leave? (Picture: ITV/Rex/Shutterstock)

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! 2021 star Naughty Boy is said to have been given special meals off-camera that are Halal after viewers watched him threaten to quit the show.

On last night’s episode of the ITV programme, Naughty Boy, whose real name is Shahid Khan, told his campmates in The Clink that his time in the competition had come to an end, with Richard Madeley urging him to sleep on his decision.

Having lost two trials in a row, the record producer was clearly dejected, in addition to feeling downcast over the fact that he was chosen by the other celebrities in the main camp to face the Treacherous Traps against Snoochie Shy.

Before the series began, Naughty Boy told Metro.co.uk and other press that he wished to ‘shine a light’ on his Muslim faith in the castle, stating: ‘I am British Pakistani Muslim and I do want to shine my light there and share my light with people, and we can get to know each other’s faiths as well. I’m looking forward to those conversations.’

It’s been reported in The Sun that the DJ receives specially-prepared meals of chicken and lamb in the castle and won’t be required to eat pork products when dinner is served to the contestants after Bushtucker Trials.

However, it’s said that he can still take part in eating challenges to consume meals such as creepy crawlies, as doing so would not go against his Muslim faith.

Advertisement

David Ginola and Naughty Boy on I'm A Celebrity

Naughty Boy took part in two recent trials, the first with David Ginola (Picture: ITV/Rex/Shutterstock)

‘The meals will be given to Naughty Boy by production crew but it won’t be seen on camera,’ a source reportedly told The Sun, with the publication stating that ITV had no comment when contacted.

When Sir Mo Farah and Amir Khan previously competed on I’m A Celeb, they were also said to have been given Halal meals to eat.

On Tuesday evening’s episode of I’m A Celeb, Naughty Boy told his new friends, including Richard, Arlene Phillips, Danny Miller and David Ginola, that he believes his ‘time here is done’.

‘I had a feeling earlier and I was thinking about mum and obviously I love you guys – I don’t think after knowing what the Main Camp probably knew what they were putting me through knowing I did the challenge earlier – I don’t know if I could ever join that camp,’ the 36-year-old said.

Earlier this week, ITV shut down claims that the stars of the show are given hot water, insisting that there is ‘no secret supply’.

Metro.co.uk has contacted ITV for comment.

I’m A Celebrity returns tonight at 9pm on ITV.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : I’m A Celebrity 2021: Naughty Boy caught out smuggling spices into castle


MORE : I’m A Celebrity 2021: Frankie Bridge has a knicker problem as she wears same pair two days in a row

TV



Share your story or advertise with us: Whatsapp: +2347068686071, +2348053062268, Email: [email protected]