“I have been receiving death threats” – Mohbad’s wife, Wunmi reveals as she narrates how the singer died


Wunmi, the wife of late singer, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, better known as Mohbad has disclosed that since her husband’s passing, she has been the target of death threats.

Speaking in the Candide-Johnson Court House in Ita-Elewa, Ikorodu, Wunmi said that following her husband’s passing, she started receiving death threats.

She said;

“A lot of people are defaming me on TikTok, (a social media platform). I left my husband’s house because I am not safe there”


Wunmi said in cross-examination by David Fadile, the attorney for Mohbad’s father, that she gets along well with her father-in-law and considers him to be her best friend. She denied getting a visa to Canada as well.

However, she also said that Mohbad wished for them to go to Canada since he was said to have a great deal of opponents in Nigeria.

Wunmi also recounted how Mohbad made sure he didn’t put her and their child on social media because he wanted to protect them. She also disclosed that she had known Mohbad for more than ten years, dating back to her days in secondary school.

Wunmi refuted the claim that she and her late husband got into a fight. She revealed that Mohbad wanted to visit the hospital to get his injury from his run-in with Prime Boy treated, but he chose not to go because of his fear of Naira Marley and his past experiences with NDLEA agents.

She disclosed that on Monday, September 11, she discovered a bloodstain on the bed sheet, indicating that her spouse had suffered a cut during a fight with Prime Boy.


She also said that they had to use first-aid and Panadol because the nurse who was meant to treat Mohbad wasn’t there.

The singer had several injections in his left arm on Tuesday, September 12, after her husband’s friend, Spending, contacted a different nurse.

Wunmi, who disclosed that she was in the kitchen preparing food and forgot to ask about the kind of injection he received, claimed to have only witnessed the nurse attempting to administer another shot into his hand. However, Mohbad told the nurse to be careful because he was an ulcer patient.

Wunmi stated on Taiwo Olawanle’s cross-examination from Falana and Falana Chamber that her late spouse was first brought to Kuda Hospital, which did not treat him, and then to another hospital, which declared him dead.

Under cross-examination by Olumayowa Ogunsami, the deceased’s father’s attorney, she said that her late husband broke up his friendship with a certain Michael, also known as Mice, upon learning that the latter was an informant for Naira Marley.

She claims her late spouse discovered he was recording the conversation when he went to a lawyer to discuss royalties Naira Marley owed him.

The case was postponed until November 15 for further proceedings.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here